Author Topic: Mueller repaired  (Read 589 times)

Offline Harold50

• Trade Count: (0)
Mueller repaired
« on: February 09, 2006, 05:19:30 PM »
My 4X16X50 tactical scope on the 17HMR developed water droplets on the internal lenses. Called Mueller and spoke with Rich. He said that the lenses were improperly dried and that they are using a new process to dry the lenses before installation. Says it takes about a year for the problem to show up.

Scope was originally purchased from Optic Zone. I sent the scope back to Mueller a week ago Tuesday and a replacement arrived yesterday (Wednesday).

I paid only the postage out - Mueller paid the postage back. Great service!

Best wishes,
Harold
Vermont Constitution: Article 16th. That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State...

Offline NimrodRx

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Mueller repaired
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 08:03:01 PM »
when was your scope purchased?
"Make mine a double. Whether I'm ordering drinks or shotguns, it's always served me well!"  :toast:  :toast:

"It's been my experience that those who shoot most often, most often shoot well."  T. Roosevelt

Offline Harold50

Mueller repaired
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 04:25:20 PM »
Nimrod,

I bought it late last spring to drop onto my NEF Bull barrel 17HMR.

Took it out of the cabinet the other week and had droplets on the lenses.

I was pretty excited, but, after calling Mueller and speaking with their customer service guy (who answered immediately both times I called) I felt a lot better.

He was quite insistent that they now know what had gone wrong in the first place and that that error would not be repeated - something to do with a different type of drying oven for the lenses.

Now,  if only they made a 1x3x32 with a post reticle that weighs 10 oz. or less and is parallax adjusted for 75 -100 yards. That would be the perfect scope on my Savage99 in the Maine woods.

Best wishes,
Harold
Vermont Constitution: Article 16th. That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State...

Offline victorcharlie

Mueller repaired
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 02:25:08 AM »
I don't mean this as a shot a Mueller, but having lived and worked in China for 18 months, and undstanding something about the Chinese work ethic, quality control will always be a problem with Chinese made goods.  Not just Mueller, but any Chinese made product.

That said, when I was a kid all the stuff made in Japan was refered to as junk.

China's a communist country, with a very, very high tax rate.  Lower your expectations and you'll be ok........
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Harold50

Mueller repaired
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 05:46:49 AM »
Yes, remember the little tin cars that when we broken them, and opened them open up, had "King Oscar Sardines" still painted on the inside?

Still, I did not realize that Muellers are a Chinese product. crap.

Best wishes,
Harold

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Mueller repaired
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 07:33:50 AM »
Not all Muellers are made in China, the Tac II is made in Japan.

Others are built in China, have Japan made glass and who knows where all the rest of the components come from. I don't care too much where a product is made so much as I care whether the product is worth the money and the mfr stands behind it if I have a problem with it. I have 6 Muellers so far, I've had no problems with any of em. From all I've read on them, Mueller is tops in warrantee coverage on the few that I've read of that had problems. I don't see where it's made as being an issue if you get more than what you paid for as is the case with Mueller Optics.

Do you have any electronics, TV, etc in your home??? Take a guess where a lot of em are made!!

40yrs ago consumers shunned Japan made products, well, China is today's Japan.  

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline peakoftherut

Mueller repaired
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 10:39:07 AM »
quickdtoo -

I think you meant to say that China is yesterdays Japan. I might add that Japan at one time may have wanted to dominate the world, but at some point China will be able to do it. And we ( myself included ) are all doing our best to help them acomplish that goal.

I do a lot of woodworking and as you may, or may not Know, most of the power tool business has moved offshore. The reason I bring this up is the reasearch I have done shows that the company's that have had the least amount of problems have found that you must have your own people in the factory's over there. That way all facets of the manufacturing process can be watched. It would be interesting to know if any of the scope manufactor's do the same.