Author Topic: don't say I told you so, Lawdog-no love from Bushnell  (Read 864 times)

Offline bluebayou

• Trade Count: (0)
don't say I told you so, Lawdog-no love from Bushnell
« on: February 09, 2006, 07:44:06 PM »
Got burned by Bushnell on the repair of a Trophy scope.  Too old apparently.  Will find out more info with a phone call tomorrow.  Just really disappointed.  I gave them the model B&L Trophy BDC and the serial #, so why did they let me send it in and waste $17 for shipping?  Why not just say upfront, "hey it is too old to be warrantied"?

Offline NimrodRx

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
don't say I told you so, Lawdog-no love fro
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »
keep us posted bluebayou.  i have heard nothing but good things from bushnell's service dept.  

my understanding on the warrantee was that it is based upon the date of purchase.  if you bought it before bushnell acquired said co, tough luck.  if you bought it after the acquisition, they cover it.

let us know the specs.
"Make mine a double. Whether I'm ordering drinks or shotguns, it's always served me well!"  :toast:  :toast:

"It's been my experience that those who shoot most often, most often shoot well."  T. Roosevelt

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 01:13:25 AM »
I'm sure the late Lawdog would agree with you........
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 02:25:54 AM »
Go to the Bushnell website and write Chris or Dianne@Bushnell.  The same thing happened to me.  You have to raise sand before they will honor their warranty.  It does leave a bad taste for Bushnell when they rip people off of the $10 fee plus the expense of shipping.  Don't give up they will come through but only if you contact Chris or Dianne.

Offline bluebayou

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 08:22:26 AM »
"the late Lawdog"---dang.

Apparently B&L after 1984 are okay but not before 1984.  Kinda hazy here with the limited lifetime warranty thing....they are doing me the favor of selling me a new Trophy at "cost".  

Just disappointed as the make some GREAT products and have helped me out on warranty issues before.  By the way, Chris is the one who said to send it in.  Will write him and see.

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 09:16:12 AM »
I ran into troulbe when I tried to get them to honor a warranty on a scope that was made in 1986. It was an old sportview.  I could have thrown the thing away but it was the priciple involved.   Lifetime warranty should mean lifetime no matter if it cost $600 or $6.  Stay on them until they honor it.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 11:08:22 AM »
Quote from: bluebayou
"the late Lawdog"---dang.

Yep.....there were several sticky's but they appear to have been taken down.  Mr. Lawdog is no longer......but Lawdog will be remembered here for some time to come.....sorry to be the one to point this out to you........
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline schutzen

Bushnell Service????
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 01:46:09 PM »
Here's my story.  I purchased a Tasco scope, now a subsidiary of Bushnell, and called the "factory service center" to request the price of changing the reticule.  I have previously done this with Tasco scopes and this is why I chose the Tasco.  Bushnell's answer was "We no longer do that with the Tasco Line".  That's really too bad.  I don't deal with companies that do not service what the sell.  I just crossed Tasco, Bushnell, and Michael’s of Oregon off my lists.

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 03:31:51 PM »
Bushnell and Remington have the major share of this industry.  They sell more stuff than anyone yet they have the worst customer service I've experienced.  You can get results, you just have to complain to the right people.  It shouldn't be that way.  The invention of the internet is the best medicine for them.  Before, if this happened to a person, no one knew about it.  Now, everyone knows when a business has poor customer service.  What kind of tasco scope is worth having the reticle changed?  I wouldn't think any of them would be worth repairing or modifying but that's my .002.

Offline Daks

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 11:00:46 PM »
On the $10 charge:

I haven't used Bushnell's service, but I sent a broken Simmons Aetec back to the company. They also charged me $10 for return postage. No questions asked, they just gave me a new Aetec.

Maybe not the best scope, but the warranty was honored and a fee was charged. Perhaps the fee is a standard practice. I figured getting a new scope for $10 was a pretty good deal so I didn't complain. YMMV.

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 03:34:51 PM »
Simmons does have excellent customer service and keeps customers because of it.  It's just when companies get too big like Remington and Bushnell, they could care less about good cutomer relations and standing behind the products they sell.

Offline Feldhege

• Avid Poster
    • Universal Sight
Re: don't say I told you so, Lawdog-no love from Bushnell
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006, 05:19:52 PM »
Quote from: bluebayou
Got burned by Bushnell on the repair of a Trophy scope.  Too old apparently.  Will find out more info with a phone call tomorrow.  Just really disappointed.  I gave them the model B&L Trophy BDC and the serial #, so why did they let me send it in and waste $17 for shipping?  Why not just say upfront, "hey it is too old to be warrantied"?

Weird my brother just had this same thing happen to him. They told him (if I remember right) that the company was under new management and they won't touch older scopes. He ended up buying a new one.
If your best was good enough today....
It won't be tomorrow.