Author Topic: Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 Scope Questions  (Read 702 times)

Offline Ranger413

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 Scope Questions
« on: February 09, 2006, 09:58:35 AM »
I've narrowed down my next scope choice and I'm about set to buy.  Optic Zone will be my source.  Jon has been great answering my personal e-mails about price quotes and specific scope questions.

I'm interested in your experience with these scopes, good or bad.  How is the quality?  How is the customer service, etc, etc.?  What I'm not interested in hearing is how you prefer other scope brands over the Zeiss.  Just want to hear personal experiences with 'em.

Thanks,

Ranger413
Life is like a dogsled team, if you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes.

Offline Grubbs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 11:37:26 AM »
Although my experience does not deal with that particular scope, I do have 2 Conquest's in the 3-10x44.  They have proven to be fantastic scopes for the past two hunting seasons as I have put them through some pretty good use and some rough weather (snow, fog, rain) and a wide range of temeperatures.  The glass is super, they are very tough, they hold zero, and I love the etched reticles.  Some people complain about the plastic turret caps....I don't have a problem with them.  My other scopes include ( ones that I feel compete with the Zeiss ) Elite 4200, Burris Signature, VX III, and the Swaro A-line.  I'll definitely have more of the Conquests.  I feel you have made a great choice.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 11:21:55 AM »
I agree with Grubbs.  I have a Conquest, also in the 3.5x10x44 and have nothing but good to say about it.  It has no faults in my experience with it.  Got a buddy with a couple of Conquests and they are his favorite scopes also.  I don't think you can go wrong with them.  I cannot speak to their service because I never had need to use it.

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline Zachary

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 03:34:19 AM »
I purchased the 3x-9x-40mm Conquest from Jon - just like you want to do.

The major reason that I bought the 3x-9x-40mm Conquest over the other Conquest models is that the 3x-9x-40mm has a full 4" of constant eye relief, whereas the other models have 3.5"

The optics are extremely sharp and bright.  I would rank that conquest in the same league as the Nikon Monarch, Elite 4200, and Leupold VX-III.

Oh, the other benefit of the Conquest is that their reticles are etched into the glass.  No, I have never had any problems with the reticles on my Nikons, Elites, Burris BD, or Leupolds, but still, etched is better.

You found a great scope and a great optics dealer.  Trust me, you can't go wrong with both. :D

Zachary

Zachary

Offline coltchris

Zeiss Conquest
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 04:36:56 PM »
Ranger 413: I have (4) Conquests: (1) 3x9, (2) 4.5x14, & (1) 6.5x20.  I like them all better than my VXIII's, Burris Signature, and others.  Just seem to be sharper for my old eyes!  Not as good looking or as light as Leupolds, but I prefer the glass.  Just my .02.
Talk is cheap; except when Congress does it.

Offline Ranger413

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 05:22:29 PM »
Two days ago I ordered my Conquest.  While talking with, I believe Tammi, at the Optic Zone she laid out all of my options.  They had the 3-9X40 and the 3-9X50 in several finishes and with a variety of reticle styles.  

I had planned on getting the 3-9X40 with the ZPlex reticle.  When I was placing my order I was told they were out of stock.  I was really tempted to get the mil-dot, for no extra charge.  If this scope had been for a tactical or varmint rifle I would have been all over it.  However, this scope is going to top a custom 338-06 for deer, elk, moose, etc.  I just felt that the mil-dot would be too confusing for my intended use.  

So, I stuck with the standard ZPlex and just have to wait a couple more days.  See my post also on this page "Kudos for The Optic Zone".  They're GRRRRRRREAT!

Ranger413
Life is like a dogsled team, if you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes.

Offline Zachary

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 09:45:29 AM »
Congrats Ranger, both on the scope, and from where you bought it.

Zachary :grin: