Author Topic: Bushnell Scopes?  (Read 991 times)

Offline vernonp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Bushnell Scopes?
« on: February 17, 2006, 03:54:14 AM »
I have experience with the Elite 3200 and 4200 scopes and like them a lot.What do you think of Bushnells lower lines, the Banner, Trophy and Legend. Do you think they would be OK for low recoiling rifles? mostly target shooting, no early or late hunting. I have aquired a 223 and 22-250 lately and am thinking of putting one of these scopes on them. Your input will be appreciated.------vernonp

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Bushnell Scopes?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 04:52:50 AM »
I have owned most of their current line.  Banner, Trophy, Legend, 3200.  My brother has a 4200.  I know you are going to get many replys on this and I will get slammed but I  can't tell a bit of difference in any of them except the Trophy.  It has an orange hue to it.  They are all clear and great scopes.  There is just not enough difference between the lines to matter.  You pay more for the Elites and they have better warranties but there is little difference.  The rainguard is nice to some but I don't hunt in the rain, getting old.

Offline dave375hh

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Bushnell Scopes?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 10:28:47 AM »
I've owned 15-16 Bushnells over the years, and I have five of them now. I've never had any problem with any of them. I feel comfortable putting them on any of my guns. I had a Banner 1.5 to 4.5 X on a 12ga. sluggun for nine years and never had to even re-zero it and that thing kicked just as hard as my 375. I think I paid like $48.00 for it and certinly got my moneys worth out of it. Lately I've been buying the 3200 & 4200's very happy with them.
Dave375HH

Offline bluebayou

Bushnell Scopes?
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 01:31:13 PM »
I have a great Legend.  Their customer service is awesome by the way.  The replacement Trophy that I got was kind of a disappointment.  A lot of glare and reflections on the ocular lens.  The original Trophy that I had was a Bausch and Lomb.  No comparison.  The Legend is about as low as I would go, but have never looked at a new Banner except the 6-18 WalMart monster and it is nothing to get excited about.

Offline The Sodbuster

• Contributor
Bushnell Scopes?
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 08:39:13 AM »
BlueBayou wrote:

but have never looked at a new Banner except the 6-18 WalMart monster and it is nothing to get excited about.

I have the Banner 6-18 X 50mm on my Savage model 12 in .22-250.  Granted, I don't get excited about it, but it's a decent scope.  Clear picture, haven't noticed any parallax problems, rugged enough for the caliber I've got it on.  I use it for punching paper and prairie dogs.  In hindsight, for those applications I don't really need all the light gathering a 50mm objective offers.  If I had it to do over again, I'd go with the Trophy 6-18 X 40mm.

I've also got the Banner 4-12 X 40mm on my .257 Weatherby.  Good scopes for the money.  Just picked up a Legend 5-15 X 40mm for a new .223.  Haven't had it to the range yet.

Offline lilabner

• A Real Regular
Bushnell Scopes?
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 07:10:41 AM »
In my experience, you can drop down the Bushnell line and still come up with a scope that can get the job done. I got a $60 Sportsman 3X9AO for a .22 (needed the AO feature for indoor target range shooting) and it is working out well. Some say the Trophy is as low as you should go and others say the Banner is a good scope. You will get the optical quality you pay for, of course.