Author Topic: Barska scopes  (Read 623 times)

Offline vernonp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Barska scopes
« on: February 13, 2006, 01:26:12 PM »
I only recently heard of these scopes. Have any of you had one of these scopes or know anything about them. I would appreciate your input.    Thanks--------vernonp

Offline randy1950

Barska scopes
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 05:28:17 AM »
I saw where Big 5 had a Barska airgun 3-12x40 on sale for $37 so I picked one up. I mounted it on my Glenfield 75 and it seems to be doing ok. Then I spotted a Barska 4-16x50 on Ebay for about $55 including shipping and sent off for that one. Got it in and when I mounted it on my Stevens 200 in .223 and tried to bore sight it discovered the windage was off the grid and had to adjust the Leupold bases all the way to the left and the scopes adjustments all the way just to get it centered with no adjustment left. I haven't shot it yet and am hoping it won't need any adjustment to the left. But we are all familiar with Murphy's Law and know that ain't going to happen.  :x  I talked to my local gun shop and they said they have seen about 5 or so Barska's with the same problem. Others here have rightly said buying a lower end scope is a crap shoot. You may get a good one and be happy with it or it could be a POS. It's tempting to want to spend less money on glass if you can get away with it. Spend a few extra bucks and get a lower end Bushnell Banner or some other scope like that. Watch Ebay and sometimes you can get some good deals.
Carry a gold pan when you hunt and you may get lucky anyway.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Barska scopes
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 07:13:01 AM »
vernonp

I asked the same ? some time back and this was the responce that i got .

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=80023

For what its worth . :D
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline lostsniper308

• A Real Regular
  • old beaten up Martini-Henry .303 we found.
    • My Facebook account
Barska scopes
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 04:37:57 PM »
cheapy $30 4x32 works just fine on my .22auto.
B Co. 1-22Inf 1st BCT 4th Infantry Division
OIF 08-09 out of the army now