Author Topic: Poor Customer Service Report  (Read 866 times)

Offline 3584ELK

• Trade Count: (0)
Poor Customer Service Report
« on: February 02, 2006, 03:50:49 PM »
Mods- I looked and looked and came up with this as the forum that fits best.  Feel free to move my thread, I won't be offended!

Back on January 2nd I found a Saeco 621373 T39 bullet casting mould for sale in Ebay. Well, a fellow board member was a nice guy and went ahead and used the "Buy It Now" feature and secured the mould for me. I sent him funds, and the mould was shipped. No problems at all up to this point.

The mould arrived, and I was disappointed to find a #62130 mould sitting in the box. SIGH. So, I called the original supplier, D&R Sports in Pennsylvania. First, I spend 5 minutes answering a bunch of questions, telling my story, etc. etc. to some lady who then says, "hold on". Next, another unidentified person gets on and runs me through the whole routine again, mumbles something about it being late in the day and they would have to issue a "call tag". I said, "Fine, I will check back with you Monday."

I call back Monday morning, same routine with the zip code, name, ship to address, bill to address, email address, and then "hold on". Good grief! Is this really all this woman does??? Next, unidentified man gets on and asks me who I talked to on Friday! Maybe its just me, but these businesses that don't train their people to answer the phone are just plain unprofessional. So, we again go through the zip code, name, ship to address, bill to address, phone number, and this guy replies "well, I am Mark, and I issued a call tag, its all taken care of." It is? I am still holding the wrong mould in my hand. So, upon begging for more information, I find out "Redding has to see if they have that mould in inventory, then they will tell UPS to pick up your package, once it arrives back here, we will ship the right mould to you." Then I have to beg for a time frame! I finally get "3 or 4 days" out of this guy, and then he hangs up on me!

Maybe this is just my sense of right and wrong, and how to conduct business, but why are these idiots listing items for sale with a "buy it now" tag in Ebay when they KNOW they don't have the mould in hand??? When I was in the aircraft parts business, things happened right now! You could give someone your UPS account #, have them return a part to you overnight. You could do a counter-to-counter deal where the airlines moved the part, etc. Mind you, I am not asking for some pampered princess treatment here, but it was NOT my screw-up! And, I see the potential for all kinds of problems arising out of this.
This isn't my first rodeo, and I am beyond the naiveté of believing some jerk saying, "trust me".  

So, on Jan. 17, UPS shows up, picks up the package, and I enter the waiting game.  Finally, today, I call D&R.  Same *%#!(*&  routine with the woman,  which I cut short by saying “just let me talk to Mark Komoroski please”.  Mark then hands me off to a guy named Tom.  Tom figures it all out, and says he issued a refund to the original purchaser back on Jan. 25.  Nice to know- thanks for the courtesy phone call!  Man, do I ever regret not buying this with my Ebay account.  Imagine the Feedback comments!  I wasted a month messing around with this deal, holding D&R’s hand through the whole process, etc. You guys do what you like, but this is my final transaction with D&R Sports.
An Honest Man Keeps His Horse Saddled

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 09:56:40 PM »
I'll get back to you on this in a few days :-D
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 11:23:58 AM »
Now that's a "Road Rage" just waiting to happen somewhere...

Offline Ron T.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 09:17:02 AM »
An excellent reason for buying from your local gun shop/reloading shop.  Then if anything is screwed up, you can accomplish what is needed to be accomplished in a single "face-to-face" talk with the guy who sold it to you... and almost without exception, get total satisfaction without raising your blood-pressure or being without the product you wanted very long... or at all if the shop has it in stock.

Often, you'll pay slightly more locally than over the internet, but look at all the anger and frustration (not to mention the freight costs and long-distance phone bills) you'll save yourself by "buying locally".

Jus' my 2¢ worth... other's opinions may differ...    :wink:

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lvl1trauma

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 07:37:02 AM »
I heard of another bad transaction from them over on the castbullits forum. We all probably need to stay away from them.

Offline SLAVAGE

• Trade Count: (21)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 04:15:49 AM »
thats the way that place works i was really unhappy with ther service a while back an that was the last time i would get some thing from them...called around to get a taurus scope mount for a tracker.. they had it listed the only one listed an a i ordered s encore stock.....
well i ordered them both with express shipping ie like 18.00$ shipping me being late as usualy wanted it in two days
well  i spent it an  i placed the order...two days go by... then three an the forth day i called..an got the same run around no one ther could answer my questions...then the person i was on the phone with asked some one else a question with the phone not being on hold... an over heard the lady tell the man i was on the phone with that they havent placed the order yet to get the items i paid for 4 days ago... i went off on them an then some i should say well they said they would have a manager get back too me the next day
three days later i see a refund in my account an still no call.... this is were the best part comes in
two weeks later i get a nice call from pnc back sayen how my account bounced.. so i go an see here they  billed me for the two items an the shipping ... when i got home that day the box with my two items were on the  back door over nited with the shipping charge of 28$

every e mail an every call for 14 days after that wasent answered i would get the phone game till some one would talk to me then once the two people found out who i was i got the too talk too mr ""CLICK"""
so ever sence then i make it a point too tell that story when i hear ther name

dave