Author Topic: bushmaster front sight  (Read 796 times)

Offline hillbill

• Trade Count: (0)
bushmaster front sight
« on: July 21, 2003, 11:51:14 AM »
hey guys. anybody have any experience with one of those crosshair front sights? it is a small circle with cross hairs that screws in where the front sight goes. i assume if it is correct size, you will see the crosshairs centered in your rear peep sight. might make it easy to see target at longer ranges? any info would be appeciated.

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
    • http://www.ranger.org/
bushmaster front sight
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 02:40:50 PM »
I don't think it would be worthwhile.  I you are concerned about quick aquisition, get a HOLO sight or a red-dot type sight.  If you want to maintain iron sights, the stock irons will work well.  Remember that an AR15/M16/M4 was made to engage human size targets out to and beyond 350 meters (which it does very well).  If I had a battle rifle that was going to ride in the truck or take any abuse I would stick with iron sights, you should never have to use an AR15 past 350 meters, even if you do, they will work better than anything this side of a scope (except in low light conditions, then you might want to purchase ANPVS-7s).  Stick to the iron sights.
Nosce Hostem
"Birds of Prey" 743rd MI BN
Proud Freemason-Chugwater Lodge No. 23

Offline hillbill

bushmaster front sight
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 04:43:42 PM »
hey im not too interested in quick target aqusitionand havent shot anyone lately. more interested in getting all accuracy i can out of my old eyes with these iron sights. it already shoots better with iron than i can do with some of my scoped guns out to bout 100 yrds. thought these crosshair sghts would maybe allow a dead on hold with more target veiw at longer ranges. just curious is all. have seen them on some sharps rifles and the like and then saw them in shotgun news for the ar type rifles. just curious is all.