Author Topic: Desperate MOA question...  (Read 430 times)

Offline sunny

• Trade Count: (0)
Desperate MOA question...
« on: March 03, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »
Gentlemen -

I just received the Ken Farrell 10-MOA Base for my daughter's new Savage mod 16FCSAK in 300 wsm. We are scheduled to go to the range tomorrow & I would deeply appreciate your assistance in determining approximately how many "inches" the addition of a 10-MOA Base will change a prior 100 yard zero... Our daughter chose this Savage model account it fit her very well, however, the Savage factory muzzel-brake makes it nearly impossible to accuately bore-site this rifle with any spud type unit... This is why I would appreciate your help in addressing this matter... In closing, I must say this Savage rifle is a real shooter & great value, the only downsides have been obtaining quality bases for the Savage accu-trigger round top (the Ken Farrell base solved this issue) & the fore-arm area of the stock is flimsy & leaves much to be desired, however, this will be upgraded as soon as they become available in the next couple of months...

Thanking you in advance for your help,

Sunny

Offline KN

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 04:04:56 PM »
Well if I'm interpreting the ad correctly it will be 10" at 100yds. One MOA is basically 1" at 100yds. Thus the term "sub moa groups" means under an inch at 100yds.   KN

Offline sunny

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:29:41 PM »
Thank you KN - 10" is 40 clicks...  Seeing as the base has 10 MOA added it should be higher in the rear, therefore, if I adjust the scope down in elevation some 40 clicks, my daughter should still be on paper at 100 yards...  I thought it was 1" for every MOA at 100 yards but I wasn't sure & didn't want to start making scope adjustments without knowing for sure...  

Thank you again -

Sunny

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 06:56:09 AM »
You don't need the collimater if you're at the range. Just remove the bolt, lay the rifle on the bags, point the bore at your target, and without moving the rifle look where the scope is pointed. Then move the scope until they're both pointed at the same place. You should have no problem getting the first shot on paper at 100 yards if you're careful.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline conrad101st

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 11:21:16 AM »
or just start at 10 yards, then 25, then 100

usually just need 1 shot at 10 yards and 1 at 25 to be about dead on left/right at 100.  might be 2 to 4 inches high at 100.