Author Topic: The new .380 Kel-Tec  (Read 1330 times)

Offline volshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
The new .380 Kel-Tec
« on: March 24, 2003, 02:14:39 AM »
Went to the gun show over the week end and didn't see any of the new .380 Kel-Tec's. Anyone know/seen them? They are advertised at the link below so they should be avaliable to get through  a FFL.
Rick

http://www.thegunsource.com/pistols/keltec.htm

Offline RKBAHolsters

The new .380 Kel-Tec
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 04:18:30 AM »
They are supposed to be available in May.

Steve

Offline Original Ken

The new .380 Kel-Tec
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 09:57:04 AM »
I haven't seen any of the new Kel-Tec 380's either.  It is also my understanding that they are coming out in May.  I have a Kel-Tec P11 in 9 mm that I really like.  I am having a little problem with an occasional feed jam.  Will be sending it back to the factory as they said they would make good on it and take care of it.  If you do pick up a 380 when they become availalbe put a post on the forum and let us know what you think of it.  I know some people think that a $250.00 auto is nothing but junk.  However I have found that there is a growing population of shooters who feel that Kel-Tec is doing something right and not charging an arm and a leg for it!!!  Generally they feel that the guns out of Kel-Tec could go for twice the price and still be fair priced.  I think so too!!   :D
This Be The Original Ken
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Shooters: We have lost an old friend, and I am saddened by his passing. Ken Stufft, who we knew as The Original Ken, passed away unexpectedly on March 22, 2004.

Offline volshooter

• Contributor
The new .380 Kel-Tec
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 10:47:01 AM »
I've never had any problem out of my P-11. I did do a "fluff & buff" on it before I took it shooting. I'm using Chineese 124gr ball ammo (fairly hot) and this Kel-Tec ain't missed a lick. I've been told that it takes at least a couple of hundred rounds to break one in. I like mine, trigger pull suks but everything else is great for the price.
Rick :D

Offline pasquot

keltec
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 06:11:43 AM »
I was fortunate enough, last year, to tour the Keltec factory in Coco Beach,Fl.

I was very impressed. All the new machnery is computer controlled. They will honor any repair problems.

At the time i went, the owner said they were the 5th largest gun mfg plant in the US.  I came away with the impression that you get an extremely good product for your dollar.