Author Topic: Howdy from a new Handi owner and a new member  (Read 189 times)

Offline shootinscot

• Trade Count: (0)
Howdy from a new Handi owner and a new member
« on: March 02, 2006, 02:19:23 AM »
Hi y'all, from Virginia  :D

I've been messing around with my Ruger 22 long for years, and finally decided to try out something with a little more of everything.  I got a 30-06 from a local dealer here, and it's just bootiful!  I can't wait to sight it in and start shootin' - ah, the honeymoon period...

I have to admit, I think I got lucky with how I went about deciding on an H&R - I had no idea what to look for, just a cost that would not make the Dear Wife get *that* look...I looked at Rossi first, and the dealer suggested that the extra 2 lbs in the H&R would make a lot of difference in the kick.  After I ordered the gun, I went looking on line for advice about whether I made the right decision...I know, kind of backwards.  But this is a great site, and I'm glad that events led me here - y'all are really knowledgable, and I've got a lot of great advice just by reading up on posts.

Thanks for listening, and if anyone has advice about what ammo works best, please pass it along.  I'm going to go shoot 3-4 types to see how each work, so if I can get it narrowed down to that, I won't have to walk around the store flipping coins...people really stare at you when you do that.

Mike, the shootin Scot (in case y'all were thinking Scott was my name...)