Author Topic: Leupold Rifleman 4-12x40 is NOW a Leupold VX-L 4.5-14x50!  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Danegeld

• Trade Count: (0)
Leupold Rifleman 4-12x40 is NOW a Leupold VX-L 4.5-14x50!
« on: February 19, 2006, 09:17:43 AM »
Picked up one today at WalMart for $229.  Scopes were on sale, so I couldn't pass it up.  Now just gotta figure out a way to 'splain' it to the spousal unit :D

I put it on my 700 BDL which had a Simmons Whitetail Classic 13.  It just never would stay zero'd in (7mm Mag).  Funny thing is the base and rings on the rifle are Leupold.  Not sure why I went with the WTC when I purchased the outfit back in 89, probably $$$ reasons for a young fellow with a family to support.  Now, things are still as tight, but I've got better excuses :)   Oh well, what do you fellows think about the Leupold Rifleman series.  I know it's not the Top-Of-The-Line but heck, I think it's a pretty good scope for under $250 bucks.

Thanks
Ben

Offline bluebayou

Leupold Rifleman 4-12x40 is NOW a Leupold V
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 07:57:07 PM »
It's got good eye relief.  That seems a pretty good price too.  With two toddlers, I am hip to the tight money situation.  I have some pretty elaborate explanations for my firearms, but she just kinda tunes me out after, "man, you won't believe..."

Offline Danegeld

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 11:52:33 AM »
Oh what a difference a DAY makes!!!  I returned the Rifleman (sticky windage dial) and with the blessing of the wife ;)  I'm now the proud owner of a Leupold VX-L 4.5-14x50.  I just got back from running some rounds thru her and have a group of about 1" at 100 yds.  Very preliminary...

Ben :D

http://www.leupold.com/products/products_highlights.asp

Offline JD338

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 04:26:41 PM »
Congratulations on your new scope.
The VXIII is the way to go. They are expensive, but you get what you pay for. The scope will last you the rest of your life.

JD338