Author Topic: Bushnell customer service  (Read 637 times)

Offline The Sodbuster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Bushnell customer service
« on: March 21, 2006, 01:06:11 PM »
Recently picked up a Bushnell Legend 5-15 X 40mm scope.  Centered the reticle and mounted it.  When boresighting, I noticed the windage dial became very difficult to turn.  Didn't want to torque it too much and break it, but something was definitely wrong.  Sent it to Bushnell's repair center in Lenexa, KS (along with a copy of the receipt and a $10 check for return shipping) and 2-3 weeks later they sent me a new scope.  

Don't know if others have had bad experiences with Bushnell, but I got no complaints.

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 03:14:12 PM »
I'm glad it worked out for you.  I think the poor customer service as I and some others experienced with Bushnell was because we had an obsolete model that was no longer produced.  Most of the older Bushnells still have a lifetime waranty but they will give you the run around until you prove you won't go away or be quiet. They did honor the warranty on my old scope but it took a lot of phone calls.  Their famous line is that the scope was bent by the rings.  Most scopes are .001-.005'' off in the tube right out of the box if you measure with a dial indicator. It's their way of limiting the lifetime warranty on obsolete scopes. It's ashame but pretty much the norm with Bushnell.  They don't like to honor warranties on scopes older than 10 years or so...Just my .002

Offline bluebayou

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 08:26:55 PM »
They really did right by me fixing an old scope.  But, suspiciously, the repair technician did tell me that my late '80's Trophy was bent by improper rings.  That and "impact damage"???????.   Interesting.  It took complaining to Diane, but she took care of me.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 06:34:07 AM »
I bought two Bushnell scopes back in 85.  Right off the bat the one I put on the wifes 30-06 the crosshairs broke first shot.  Changed it out and threw it in the vault and forgot about it.  Then two years ago the other one broke.  Sent both in with a letter explaining what happened.  A few weeks later I got upgraded replacements since those models were no longer made.  I'm happy.

I also sent in two pair of binoculers.  Got a call from them, saying one pair had an internial defect, the other pair showed signs of being dropped.  My son told me later his buddy had dropped them on the road while looking at a bear.  the first pair was replaced no charge, the second pair I paid a small replacement charge.  Again I'm happy.

They will continue to get my business, when their product fits my needs.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Danny Boy

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 02:34:34 PM »
Last year I took a 30+ year old Bushnell 2-7 Custom scope back to their Canadian HO for cleaning and adjustment. They did it while I waited. No questions on warranty or paperwork. :-)

Danny