Author Topic: Action Problems  (Read 427 times)

Offline easttexashunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Action Problems
« on: March 12, 2006, 02:05:59 AM »
I just got a brand new Handi-Rifle in .223. When I close the action softly it just opens back open. But, when I close it a little hard it closes and locks fine. I was told that this is because it is new and there is a bunch of lubricant or something in there. Just wanted to ask you guys if you have ever experienced this or know what the deal is. Thanks, Justin

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Action Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 02:54:51 AM »
You were most likely given good info.  A good cleaning, as instructed, in the stickys will probably solve your problem.  If it does not, there are other instructions in the stickys that will tell you some other things to check and how to check them.  Good Luck...sounds like something a cleaning will solve...To me!
Handis and Pardners are notorious for grease and oil residue RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.  I suggest a good cleaning for any H&R firearm that you obtain, whether new or used.  Just my $.02.
Cookieman
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Action Problems
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 04:06:07 AM »
The first thing i do when i get a new gun from them is to take the stock and forarm off , then hose the thing down good with the spray brake cleaner .

The last one took a half a can to get all the junk and grease out .  :eek:

You will be suprised how much of a diffrence it makes .
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline easttexashunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Action Problems
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 04:50:53 AM »
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. Justin

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
Action Problems
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 08:24:45 AM »
Be careful!  Some spray cleaner's will change the color of your plastic trigger guard.  Takes the black shine off and lightens it up.

Birchwood Casey has a new barrel scrubber out that is supposed to be friendy to plastic parts.  I have no personal experiance with any yet, just recently read about it.

EVOC ONE

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Action Problems
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 08:50:37 AM »
Great suggestion EXOC ONE, also, I want to reiterate what Stimpylu32 so wisely said, be sure to remove your buttstock and forearm, brake cleaner will QUICKLEY ruin any stock finish on those parts!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley