Author Topic: Killed-out in KY  (Read 681 times)

Offline kylongbeard

• Trade Count: (0)
Killed-out in KY
« on: May 01, 2006, 04:30:09 AM »
Well, I'm done for the spring season in KY.  Shot my second bird on Friday morning.  He was 23 lbs, 11 1/2" beard, 1 1/2" spurs.  A decent bird.  I shot him at 32 yards with the 10 Gauge SB2 and kicks GT .690 tube.  I'm using a BSA Red Dot scope.  I had the scope on 2 power, but by the time the bird presented a shot, I guess the sun had gotten brighter and the dot didn't show-up any longer.  Had to slowly switch it to 5 power and make the shot.  He went down hard and never moved again (this has never happened for me...they usually flop for a few seconds). While I was cleaning my bird at the farm house...I happened to look down toward our cattle barn and watched 4 BIG TOMS in full strut side-by-side showing-off for 5 hens.  They chased those hens all over the field.  I have never seen 4 toms together like this.  What a day!  

Longbeard

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Killed-out in KY
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 09:26:32 AM »
kylongbeard Congrat on your second bird,  

Work had been keeping me busy the last few weeks so i haven't had a chance to go after my second one yet.  But if the good lord's willing and the creek don't rise I'm heading for the eastern shore this weekend to try and fill my last tag
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)