Author Topic: western oregon black tail rifle season hunt....  (Read 982 times)

Offline countryrebel8174

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
western oregon black tail rifle season hunt....
« on: September 07, 2006, 12:18:44 AM »
i was wondering if anyone was going to be going on this hunt i was planning on going a lil west of sisters...but since there has been all of the fires i was wondering if anyone had any better ideas

country reb
they can try and take my guns....but i aint givin' em up until all my shells are gone or i quit breathing.

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: western oregon black tail rifle season hunt....
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:00:31 AM »
You can use that tag everywhere west of the summit of the Cascades. Up near the summit you'll find a parking area for that trail that runs from Mexico to Canada, can't remember the name of it. My ex-wife and I used to ride horses there occassionally. Some nice looking country there. My son and I will be hunting over in that area somewhere.  You can also follow the road toward Detroit Res. and there are a number of logging roads going both ways from the Santiam River. Stay to thr right toward Eugene and you'll soon find a road to the right going to Sweet Home that goes into some more very nice country.

My son and I haven't hunted those areas befor so it's going to be new for us. We have hunted the coast quite a bit and I'v hunted the coast range and the Willamette valley a lot back in the 60's and 70's. Don't know what's going on there anymore but would check out the areas behind Falls City and out toward Hoskins, south of Falls City.

If ya don't drink to much and your not a bigger pain in the ass than I am, PM me.
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline huntmdown

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Huntmdown
Re: western oregon black tail rifle season hunt....
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 07:28:40 AM »
I'm organizing a hunt swap for 2007 with Hunters that have access to private land looking for a partner or simply to swap. Send me a PM if you're interested!
my sweeter insanity... www.huntmdown.com