Author Topic: MEMORIAL DAY.  (Read 551 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
MEMORIAL DAY.
« on: May 27, 2006, 04:32:03 PM »
My wife and I have adopted a couple of civil war soldiers, we will visit them and take flowers Sunday, or Monday. A 19  year old Confederate captain, Joseph O Read, his family is also buried there. From what I've gleaned from the net, he was a member of the 6th KY mounted infantry, co B. Have not been able to find out where or how he died. John T Nelson, another 19 year old, believe he too was a captain. Don't remember his outfit, he fought for the union. Seems only right to honor both of these brave young men. Our  prayer is that they have now found the peace they both fought and died for. POWDERMAN.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
MEMORIAL DAY.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 07:36:52 AM »
Hats off to you powderman.  We should never forget.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline rockbilly

MEMORIAL DAY.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 06:04:06 PM »
Most people think of Memorial Day as another day to enjoy themselves, thats fine, but in the course of the day, take time to reflect and say a special prayer for those that lay down their lives to make it possible.

My VFW Post will honor the war dead tomorrow morning at 9AM with a service at the military cemetary protion of the local cemetary.

God Bless all Americans wherever they may be.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
MEMORIAL DAY.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 06:35:23 PM »
It is a good thing to remember the dead and why they died , and just perhaps it will keep our sons and daughters from having to die for the same thing over again .  :(
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
MEMORIAL DAY.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 01:54:15 AM »
Too bad many just see it as a day off from work and a reason to consume large amounts of alcohol.  Other's just see ity as a day to cook outside and watch a parade.  Sad.  :cry:
"Never Surrender, Just Carry On."  - G.S.

Offline Savage .250

MEMORIAL DAY.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 02:10:14 AM »
Too all my fellow veterans here and gone...........i salute all.
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline qajaq59

• A Real Regular
MEMORIAL DAY.
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 02:23:36 AM »
I find it amazing that so many men and women have been willing to sacrifice so much for the rest of us. We should all say thanks to the ones that did it in the past, and prayers for the ones that are doing it in the present.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
MEMORIAL DAY.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 03:54:31 AM »
I have a lot of memories and honoring to do today for those who are gone.  And you are right on qajaq, it comes full circle.  To honor  those in the past who have given us our freedom and defended it, we need to honor those who are doing it now.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline williamlayton

MEMORIAL DAY.
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 01:56:39 PM »
Hummmm. This is an interesting though running thru this old head of mine.
Is Memorial day a day for remembering the present as well as the past??
Memorial would seem to mean past. Not as in passed away but the past.
60 Years ago I lost one, not in the heat of battle, though there was ample opportunity, it would seem more fitting than a car wreck the day after discharge. I also lost an Uncle though it was years before it took him also.
I coffee daily with two, Marine and Navy, of WWII experience in the Islands, and remember two who recently departed.
I seem to be more in tune with these folks. It must be said that I have some who are still in another country of more recent vintage and respect for them is unquestionable.
I have often disagreed with our recent choices of battlefields but never with those who went where requested. I lay their souls squarely at the feet of the political boss' who sent them. Their blood will be avenged by the greatest judge of all. Well, those of today need avenging, in my opinion.
War is not the ultimate Hell but it is the death of many wheather they die as two did--as the results-- or in place and time.
I respect but I more than respect I pray that no more are lost. War is not all the glory some would think, as a matter of fact I find no glory in war. War may be inevitable and even necessary but never glorious.
One can exclaim to all who would listen about the glories of war but those that I know would just as soon be able to forget.
I honor all who have served but I would rather they not have need to be so honored. There will be a day.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD