Author Topic: Pardener pump question  (Read 537 times)

Offline mainegobbler

• Trade Count: (0)
Pardener pump question
« on: April 03, 2006, 10:51:28 AM »
Ive been looking at pardener pumps online to replace my single shot pardener turkey model.  Will the chokes on these guns interchange?  Who has any experience with these guns, are they cheap (read quality)?

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Pardener pump question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 11:02:07 AM »
My nephew bought one last fall and probably has a couple hundred rounds through it.  No jams and seems to shoot fine.  That's all I know about them.  He has the synthetic stocked model.
Cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Pardener pump question
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 04:13:26 AM »
I've put about 10 boxes of shells through mine shooting trap.

No complaints from me.  My buddy has a 870 and he says it feels and shoots exactly like his. (both are synthetic)

BTW, If you want to swap stocks on a Pardner Pump, aftermarket 870 stocks fit perfectly.  I tried a couple sets my buddy has to confirm my suspicion.

RackWrangler
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol:

Offline Paul Mohr

• Trade Count: (0)
Pardener pump question
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 12:20:17 PM »
I just got one the other day, haven't really shot it yet though. I fired one round thru it to make sure it worked and that's it so far. I will tell you what, for under 200 bucks this thing has some darn nice wood on it! The dealer I went to said he compared it to an 870 and he thinks it is based on that action.

They take the same choke tubes a mossberg 500 takes if that helps you any. They only come with one tube though, I think a modified. Mine has a walnut stock and 28 inch vent ribbed barrel with a single bead. The finnish on the reciever and barrel is parkerized black, not blued. Everything on the gun except the trigger guard is steel! I took a magnet to it. No aluminum or cast alloy! It even has a pretty decent trigger, better than my mossberg 500 had. Not bad for $190 after taxes. I might put a Polly Choke on it.

I just put a Browning A5 light stalker on lay a way as well. I am going to use the Pump for a turkey gun, and the browning for a bunny/pheasant gun.

Paul
AKA Psyco Smurf