Author Topic: GMU 1,2,201 Colorado  (Read 1485 times)

Offline pistolhuntermn

• Trade Count: (0)
GMU 1,2,201 Colorado
« on: November 19, 2005, 05:07:53 PM »
I have been building up preference points to hunt GMU 1,2, or 201 in Colorado. My group is getting close to have enough. We are starting to research for contacts for outfitters, guides, or ranchers in the northwest corner of Colorado. Any help would be appreciated. :D  :grin:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Gun control... being able to hit your target!
Handgun hunting.... go big or go home!

Offline BeanMan

• Avid Poster
GMU 1,2,201 Colorado
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 02:35:03 PM »
Pistol,

How many ponits do you have?  Must be a pile for a out of state group to draw.  it takes almost 15 for us residents.

BeanMan

Offline pistolhuntermn

GMU 1,2, 201
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 06:57:52 AM »
We still have aways to go. We have 10 points.

Offline roper

• A Real Regular
Re: GMU 1,2,201 Colorado
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 11:38:26 AM »
Quote from: pistolhuntermn
I have been building up preference points to hunt GMU 1,2, or 201 in Colorado. My group is getting close to have enough. We are starting to research for contacts for outfitters, guides, or ranchers in the northwest corner of Colorado. Any help would be appreciated. :D  :grin:

You may want to see how the preference pt for non resident will be with the propsed changes that will be passed it may move you guys further out.

Offline BeanMan

• Avid Poster
GMU 1,2,201 Colorado
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 06:15:07 PM »
Pistol,

I was a little bored tonight and used the CDOW website to do a little research.

Nonresident points to draw units 1,2, and 201 were as follows...

15,17, and 17 points.   There were only 18 licenses given for 201 rifle this year.

This year Colorado changed the draw for next year, instead of 35% of tags for premium units (ones that take more than 5 points to draw) NonResidents will now get only 20% of tags.  What this means for you is that you will probably die of old age before you draw any of these units.  If you expect to draw as a group you will NEVER draw.

My advice to you is to reset your thinking and try for a lesser unit that is still very good like 76 or 61.  You will draw one of these soon, maybe even next year.  A new rule called points banking will also be in place for a short time.  If you draw a unit that takes 7 points and you had 10 points you get to keep 3 of those points.

Or if you have deep pockets you could buy a 'voucher' from a tag pimp and hunt any unit you want.  It's legal but unreasonable.

Sorry for the bad news,

BeanMan

Offline BeanMan

• Avid Poster
GMU 1,2,201 Colorado
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 05:11:20 PM »
April 4 is coming up quick.  have you made any choices?

Beanman

Offline pistolhuntermn

GMU 1,2,201 Colorado
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 04:28:09 PM »
:cry: Sorry I didn't check back on the postings until now. Thanks for the info on preference points. My group looked just as you did before we applied this year. We put in for another preference point. I think 1,2, and 201 are out. We are looking at other areas just as you said.  Part of our group has hunted 61 or 62 back before the draw.

I put in for a cow tag in Zone 12 in order not to use a preference point. My group is waiting until next year to try to draw and use some points.

I see you are in Palisade. I hunted in the Grand Mesa N.F. in '92.