Author Topic: Another Mexico  (Read 595 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Another Mexico
« on: April 17, 2006, 12:01:18 PM »
:wink: A friend sent this to me today, I thought it was worth sharing.

Any country whose culture and quality of life is so desperately low that its citizens are willing to risk death walking across burning desert sands for the chance to live in an Orangeburg County mobile home is obviously a hellhole.

But don't take my word for it. A Pew Research Center poll found that more than 40 percent of all Mexicans would flee their homeland for the United States tomorrow if they got the chance. Around 20 percent of all Mexicans would sneak in illegally just to get the hell out.

So I will concede that I have about as much admiration and respect for Mexico's economic and cultural achievement as the people of Mexico do. But let's say, for the sake of discussion, that I were a multiculturalist and believed all cultures are equal. Let's say that I agreed it was time to stop mocking modern Mexico and start learning from it. Here are three places I'd be willing to start:

"Doing Jobs the Natives Won't Do." Illegal alien advocates insist that Mexicans crossing our borders illegally are doing America a favor by "taking jobs Americans won't do." Well, if that's the Mexican definition of neighborliness, why don't we Americans return the favor and sneak into Mexico to do the jobs they won't do. Like, for example, creating actual jobs in Mexico?

Here in the evil, racist United States, about 13 percent of our population lives below the poverty line. In kindly, compassionate Mexico, that number is at least 40 percent. And that number is artificially low because about 5 million to 6 million of Mexico's poorest and least educated citizens live illegally in America. So our poverty rate would be even lower, and Mexico's higher, if more Mexican citizens were willing to live in their own country.

"I Am Not a Criminal!" Another popular idea from Mexico, that merely being in the United States illegally isn't actually illegal รพ er, or something like that. OK, so let's adopt Mexico's approach to illegal immigration and border security. You know, show the illegals a little love, South of the Border style. First, we'll station the military along our southern border (like Mexico), then we'll make illegally entering the United States a crime (like Mexico), and then we'll immediately capture and deport all illegal immigrants (like Mexico). Feelin' the love yet?

Then let's treat the Mexicans protesting our government in our streets the same way foreign protesters would be treated in Mexico City: rounded up, arrested and either jailed or deported. Mexican law forbids immigrants, including legal ones, from participating in the political process in any way. Can you say "don't pick up the soap" in Spanish, U.S. Sen. Ted Kennedy?

"Just Looking for a Better Life." Convincing Americans to emulate our Mexican neighbors and flee our own country for "a better life" isn't going to be easy. Other than meth lab technicians and wildly unsuccessful hookers, what American (not currently evading extradition) would rather live in Mexico?

How can we change that? How can we make America the kind of country 40 percent of its own citizens would want to leave?

Simple. Let illegal immigration advocates turn it into another Mexico.

Offline magooch

Re: Another Mexico
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 04:11:22 AM »
"  

How can we change that? How can we make America the kind of country 40 percent of its own citizens would want to leave?

Simple. Let illegal immigration advocates turn it into another Mexico.[/quote]

Or put the Dumbycrats back in power.
Swingem

Offline Savage .250

Another Mexico
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 04:30:12 AM »
I don`t like Mexican food.  I`m not going anywhere.  :)
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline Nixter

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Another Mexico
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 08:14:05 AM »
I love Mexican food.

But I would like it explained to me, in English, what I just ordered. And when I tip my server I would like to know that they pay taxes on what they earned.

Nixter

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Another Mexico
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 04:20:46 PM »
Why don't we just annex Mexico?  Leave the current mexican states as they are, just make them US states.  We could then move freely around the area, and it would make a great place for the Baby Boomers to move for retirement.  A new sun belt.  Also that way we would only have to send back the non mexicans.  Make things a lot easier.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Dave in VA

Another Mexico
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 11:49:07 AM »
:D

I have a couple thoughts on this issue.

Libs:  "we can't afford to secure the border"

My answer:  4 chain link fences.

#1.  On the border,  20' fence, mild electric charge,  randomly patroled by attack dogs.

#2.  200 yards from #1,  20' fence, stronger (non-lethal) electric.

#3.  100 yards from #2,  20'  fence, land mines in every square foot.

#4.  200  yards from #3,  20' fence, land mines and claymores pointed south,  guard tower every 1000 yards.

Should do it.  End of problem. :twisted:

Offline Shorty

Another Mexico
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 03:01:21 PM »
Sourdough,
Actually, it was considered, in 1846, to annex Mexico.  The US had just conquered the country and then had to decide what to do with it.  It was decided that the place was just too different to incorporate into the US.  Different language, religion, race, culture (especially to 19 th century thinking).  Finally, it was decided to simply take the mostly uninhabited and northerly areas of California, Arizona, and New Mexico and leave the rest of Mexico as it was.

Offline magooch

Another Mexico
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 03:40:22 AM »
Quote from: Dave in VA
:D

I have a couple thoughts on this issue.

Libs:  "we can't afford to secure the border"

My answer:  4 chain link fences.

#1.  On the border,  20' fence, mild electric charge,  randomly patroled by attack dogs.

#2.  200 yards from #1,  20' fence, stronger (non-lethal) electric.

#3.  100 yards from #2,  20'  fence, land mines in every square foot.

#4.  200  yards from #3,  20' fence, land mines and claymores pointed south,  guard tower every 1000 yards.

Should do it.  End of problem. :twisted:

It would be so much easier and more cost effective to just put a bounty on the illegals--no bag limit.
Swingem

Offline Dave in VA

Another Mexico
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 10:49:09 AM »
Magooch,

I hear you, brother.

When I was stationed in San Diego in the late 80's I had my truck (75 F250 4x4 4" lift, big tires, etc.) stolen not once but twice.  They found it twice down by the border were some SOB was using it to coyote the human plague across.  I finally stopped it by buying the heaviest cut resist chain I could find and wrapping it between the brake and steering wheel with 2 big master padlocks.

It was awfully hard not to grab my Ruger Mini 14 (which I bought in National City, just south of San Diego with 5 30 round mags,{those were the days}), and not go "help out" the border patrol :evil:

Dave