Author Topic: Need HELP!!!  (Read 770 times)

Offline slide-flipper

• Trade Count: (0)
Need HELP!!!
« on: April 21, 2006, 04:33:44 PM »
Not gun related at all... but... does anyone know how Ellery Queen figured out where the president's half disme was buried?  What did Vermont have to do with it?  My 8th grader's homework is kickin' my tail and now I just have to find the answer...

slide-flipper

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Need HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 05:29:07 PM »
What the ^%^* is a "half disme"?  :?

Bout the only thing I know about Ellery Queen is that he was a heroin addict and he hung out with a guy named Watson.  Sorry.

Find yourself some Cliff Notes (sp?).
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Need HELP!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 05:45:45 PM »
Scroll down to the bottom of any page on GBO. There you will find a Google Search box. Drop these words into it: Ellery Queen half disme and you should find your answer in the first few links below the paid links. I'm not gonna do the reading for you.

Before you click SEARCH make sure to change the dot to the WWW. box from GBO search. Any time you do a Google Search on GBO you add income to the site.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jh45gun

Need HELP!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 05:51:48 PM »
Good to know GB I will search from here to add $ to your site!  :grin: Instead of using Dog Pile which I normally use.  Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Brett

Need HELP!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 03:20:02 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Scroll down to the bottom of any page on GBO. There you will find a Google Search box. Drop these words into it: Ellery Queen half disme and you should find your answer in the first few links below the paid links. I'm not gonna do the reading for you.

Before you click SEARCH make sure to change the dot to the WWW. box from GBO search. Any time you do a Google Search on GBO you add income to the site.

That's cool. I will do my Googling from your site from here on.  Thanks.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
Need HELP!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 04:50:07 AM »
Heck if we could get Quick to do all his searches from here I might make enough money to buy me a larger farm.  :-D

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Brett

Need HELP!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 05:07:13 AM »
Add my searches to Quick's and you could buy half of Texas.  :)

Offline slide-flipper

that's why I came here...
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 07:20:49 AM »
GB,
     I've tried Google, Yahoo and Dogpile...  I can find references to the this story, but I can't find the story or how it ends...  I was hoping that one of the more literate members (not to accuse anyone of not being literate) might know the story and be able to help me (us) out.  So, hitting Google from your sight results in money in your pocket?  That's coooool?  Don't mind helping out and I do a lot of "googling" during my 12 hour shifts...

thanks,
slide-flipper

Offline Brett

Need HELP!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 07:52:41 AM »
slide-flipper,

You get to surf the net at work...Are there any job openings at your place of employment?

Which Ellery Queen book is it in you are talking about?  I'm not an Ellery Queen fan by a long shot but it might help if I new the name of the book.

Offline Brett

Need HELP!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 08:00:20 AM »
slide-flipper,

You might be able to get help from someone at the following discussion board.

http://discuss.mysterynet.com/

Good luck.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
Need HELP!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 11:44:22 AM »
There is or at least once was a site called Ask Jeeves. The way I understood it from the TV ads you just went there and asked a question and Jeeves would find the answer for you. Might try that. You can even search for Ask Jeeves on the GBO Google search.  :idea:

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline slide-flipper

Hey Brett...
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 01:22:56 PM »
Yep... lot's of jobs... Uncle Sam is lookin' for anyone he can get right about now...  Seriously, I'm a senior NCO that got stuck in an E-3's job due to my clearance and the fact that I can fog a mirror.  So... during my 12 hour shifts (which usually are more like 13 hours), I do the lions share of work for the first two hours and the last two hours.  In the middle comes PT, lunch, reading, surfing etc...  Not a big deal.  Local commanders can authorize use of government resources as long as it is of reasonable duration and doesn't creat additional cost to the government.  There are other legal issues to watch out for, but I've never had a problem with any of that sort of stuff.  All that, AND I get to wear these cool clothes!!!

slide-flipper