Author Topic: 22 mag vs 32 cal for backup gun  (Read 3941 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
22 mag vs 32 cal for backup gun
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006, 01:18:50 PM »
I think the .223 would be less than ideal, never liked it much anyway, there are many choices which are better. If you do not care for the .45 there is always the 9X23 which is a much better choice than the .223 or if you desire, the 10 MM.
Animals are just as folks, some die harder than others, with anything. I would much rather have a .45 than a .223.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline S.S.

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 04:52:16 AM »
You are too polite William...
I understand though that the BIG BOSS leads you to be....
Sometimes the other cheek simply cannot be turned. I started out really not caring much for this fella' But the entertainment value of his posts
is priceless. I have gotten several good laughs from him in an otherwise
pain in the butt kind of week. Starting to get kinda' used to having him around...
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline slink

• Avid Poster
You had a weak load, and got a poor hit.
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 01:33:05 PM »
There's been guys not stopped by 12 ga slugs, ya know. I dont care how long you've carried the .45, it's easily proven to be inferior to the 223, as far as typical .45 ammo goes, anyway, out of a pistol barrel.  I'd be happy to prove it on people, if you can find some volunteers, but hogs, deer, cattle, etc, all prove me correct, and you wrong. The fact that you don't like to be proven wrong doesn't change anything.  It just marks you as irrational.  Most sensible people are happy to move up to better gear/tactics. The stupid hate change of any sort.
Deactivated 04-22-06 for rules violations after repeated warnings.

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 09:16:54 PM »
You're comparing a rifle round to a handgun round in a concealed carry forum. I can go out in shorts and a T-shirt and effectively conceal a .45 -- can you say the same thing about a firearm chambered in .223? If the answer is 'no', then discussing it in a "concealed carry" forum is a moot point.
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
Re: oh bs.
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 09:20:50 PM »
Quote from: slink
It takes TWENTY coin-tosses to establish the true 50-50, pure LUCK ration of heads to tails.
According to who? References please.
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline Skeeterbaymac

• Avid Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2006, 03:33:43 AM »
Well Mr. Slink I never said the 45 was better than a rifle/223.  I just said the 223 in my experience is a poor man stopper!  Your getting in to much of a hurry to give us all your expert opinions. Your not looking at what someone is saying!  Slow down take your time the internet will still be there.  :grin:

Offline Dave Shooter

Re: You can bet that they had complaints, which were ignored
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2006, 01:12:29 PM »
Quote from: Sir Knight
the pistol sees SO little use in military combat that NOBODY has enough real experience with it to say if it's good or bad. You can bet that plenty have done ok with the 9mm, too, ya know.
So why is the military going back to the .45 if there is no evidence to support such a change?

Shoot some chucks, etc, with .45 ball, watch them run off with chest hits, and know that guys LIE a lot about .45 ball.
Let me get this straight. Special Ops soldiers who are issued .45's are lying about how good the caliber is and by doing so, they are willing to place their lives at risk by staying this this ineffective caliber?

The joke is on the clown who "thinks" that I said anything in favor of the belt pistol, as vs the pocket pistol. However, you can have far more power in a pocket pistol than most guys think.  It's not at all hard to have  8-9x the power of a .25, in a package smaller, lighter than a .38 snub. You just have to know how to go about it, that's all.
First off, any gun can kill and can kill quickly. Even a tiny .22 short can claim a life within minutes. The point is not about killing but stopping. Will 8 or 9 COM hits with a .25ACP stop someone as effectively a 5 COM hits with a .38special. I don't know but my money is on the .38 snubbie.

However, the authord wasn't asking about .25's or .45's or .38's but about the .22mag VS a .32. Since it wasn't specified which .32, I pointed out that a .32mag will beat the pants off of a .22mag and I stand by that statement.
I'll give you 3 big amens for that!!!If you want to pick up the pace try some RBCD Ammo in 32 acp They don't make the 32 mag in it that I am aware of. I still will take my 6.5 blk hawk in 32 mag for self-defense put 'em in the eye they will have a real bad day.
Dave Shooter

Offline Dave Shooter

Re: You can bet that they had complaints, which were ignored
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2006, 02:34:52 PM »
Quote from: Sir Knight
the pistol sees SO little use in military combat that NOBODY has enough real experience with it to say if it's good or bad. You can bet that plenty have done ok with the 9mm, too, ya know.
So why is the military going back to the .45 if there is no evidence to support such a change?

Shoot some chucks, etc, with .45 ball, watch them run off with chest hits, and know that guys LIE a lot about .45 ball.
Let me get this straight. Special Ops soldiers who are issued .45's are lying about how good the caliber is and by doing so, they are willing to place their lives at risk by staying this this ineffective caliber?

The joke is on the clown who "thinks" that I said anything in favor of the belt pistol, as vs the pocket pistol. However, you can have far more power in a pocket pistol than most guys think.  It's not at all hard to have  8-9x the power of a .25, in a package smaller, lighter than a .38 snub. You just have to know how to go about it, that's all.
First off, any gun can kill and can kill quickly. Even a tiny .22 short can claim a life within minutes. The point is not about killing but stopping. Will 8 or 9 COM hits with a .25ACP stop someone as effectively a 5 COM hits with a .38special. I don't know but my money is on the .38 snubbie.

However, the authord wasn't asking about .25's or .45's or .38's but about the .22mag VS a .32. Since it wasn't specified which .32, I pointed out that a .32mag will beat the pants off of a .22mag and I stand by that statement.
I'll give you 3 big amens for that!!!If you want to pick up the pace try some RBCD Ammo in 32 acp They don't make the 32 mag in it that I am aware of. I still will take my 6.5 blk hawk in 32 mag for self-defense put 'em in the eye they will have a real bad day.
Dave Shooter