Author Topic: FAVORITE HOLSTERS FOR RUGER SP101 2 1/4"  (Read 768 times)

Offline CharlieinKansas

• Trade Count: (0)
FAVORITE HOLSTERS FOR RUGER SP101 2 1/4"
« on: April 02, 2006, 11:34:52 AM »
I have been looking for for a holster for my SP but am having a time trying to decide on one for now. Do any of you have any favorites? Why do you like them? Are they comfortable and practical?

Thanks!
Beware of the man whom owns but one rifle, He more than likely knows how to use it.

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
FAVORITE HOLSTERS FOR RUGER SP101 2 1/4&quo
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 01:33:48 PM »
I've tried a few different ones but finally got a Mitch Rosen "Workman" and stuck with it.  The craftmanship and detil is just awesome.  Comfort is right there too.  That was my first from him and got me convinced to buya few more of his holsters.
"Never Surrender, Just Carry On."  - G.S.

Offline Skeeterbaymac

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 02:34:42 PM »
Blk Hawk 73:

Does he have a web site or does a major store handle his stuff?  I have a sp101 357 mag. I used to carry it  for back up but since retiring, my  wife has stolen it and now I hardley ever see it. She really dislikes the holster I have for it.

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 12:37:23 AM »
www.mitchrosen.com

May be a bit more than you want to spend and he usually has a bit of a wait/backlog but it's worth it.
"Never Surrender, Just Carry On."  - G.S.

Offline FireMaker

sp holster
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 03:56:20 PM »
Carry a sp101 daily.  I like the Galco holsters. They have a variety that will work very nice.  Just need to decide how you want to carry.  They are expensive but it important to secure the gun and worth the money

Offline Camel 23

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 03:25:13 AM »
I really like the Galco F.L.E.C.T.H. holster for my SP.

Offline Skeeterbaymac

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 04:27:51 PM »
BlkHawk73:  Thank You for the info and link!  

Camel 23:  I have a Flecth for one of my other guns and your right it's been a good holster.

Thanks again guys! :D

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
101 2.25 holster
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 10:35:34 PM »
For outside belt carry , I'm happy with a Bianchi nylon holster - but I carry mine more in the woods as a light back up gun.

I also use a DeSantis inside the waist band for the occasional concealed carry days, but most often that's for walking the dog in the neighborhood and not serious downtown duty. Its ok and comfortable for my use.

Some things I don't like about the DeSantis is that its hard to reholster as it doesn't stay open on its own.  And last year I went on a 4 mile remote hike with some folks who don't like guns so I used this gun and holster.  My kids were along and I WASN'T going unarmed. I also carried a heavy knapsack. That pack rode on the DeSantis and I ended up with a very nasty bruise  on my hip.

That Rosen Workman looks much better.  I might have to try one out. Thanks for the link.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline mikedb

• Contributor
holster
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 04:22:45 PM »
Uncle Mikes IWB or El Paso Tortilla.

Offline slink

• Avid Poster
with a backpack,
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 04:30:53 PM »
you are stuck with either a front pants pocket holster, or a fanny pack, worn at the navel, with a front or top opening for accessing the pistol.  Thigh rigs just suck, basically.  They put the gun down in the dust, sand, snow and muck if you fall or go prone, they are slow to draw from, etc. Yuck.
Deactivated 04-22-06 for rules violations after repeated warnings.

Offline greatguns

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 01:57:35 PM »
if your looking for conceal carry the tri-vertable from pistol packaging is a good one, can wear it vertical,horizontal or take it off the harnes and wear it on your belt. they also have 3 or 4 other types for concealment.