Author Topic: Daewoo  (Read 417 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Daewoo
« on: April 28, 2006, 05:31:23 PM »
:D Anyone have experience with a Daewoo?  My friend was showing one this afternoon, I was impressed.  The gun appeared to be well made, and $325. for a NIB .40 doesn't sound bad.

Give me your opinions. :eek:

Offline nrb

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Daewoo 40
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 02:09:52 AM »
I traded for a Daewoo 40 about a year ago and have used both factory and hand loaded ammo for many range session. This was one of the best made, smoothly operating, and accurate 40's I have used. Unfortunately, getting parts is a problem since they are not imported any longer. I wanted to install an adjustable rear sight for target work and have not found one. Any suggestions are welcome. I highly recommend the Daewoo.
best,              nrb

Offline Savage

Daewoo
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 02:50:26 AM »
Took a Daewoo car in on trade once--------seemed to be well made. Their guns are solid, and well engineered. Both suffer from lack of parts availibility, it's a shame! Then again, how often do parts break in modern firearms? I'd take a chance if the price was right!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline rockbilly

Daewoo
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 04:49:14 PM »
:D Thanks, I may have to try one.  The price didn't sound bad, heck I spend that much on peanuts at the rodeo. :wink:

Offline oliverstacy

• Avid Poster
I have a DH40
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 10:07:07 AM »
I have a Daewoo DH40…is this the pistol you’re referring to?  I paid around $325 in 1994 for it brand new.  Mine only came with one mag and I always wanted another.  Last year at a gun show I found one and bought it for $40.

I have nothing but good things to say about it now...I had a small problem very early on with a spring underneath the right grip that controls the sear (something like that)  anyway the notch that it fit into needed to be made deeper.  Once I did this I've never had another problem with it.  

I have just fewer than 3000 rounds through it and it handles just about anything...except lead rounds.  Mine doesn't like them at all.  I haven't played around with enough different types of lead rounds to find one it likes but the two or three that I have tried it didn’t like.  May try more types in the future to see if I can find one it likes.

If your gun comes with two mags your lucky since mine didn’t.  They are hard to find and if I find another I’ll probably pick one up.

The tri-trigger is nice.  It allows you to shoot it either double or single action.  Once you cock the hammer you can flip the hammer forward with your finger/thumb and once you release the safety and put pressure on the trigger it flips back to the cocked position and is at around 5 lbs of trigger pull.  You have to see this function to understand what I mean.

Josh
My wife once made the mistake of telling me "all of your guns look alike"...No, I've had this gun for a long time! LOL