Author Topic: Leupold ultralight?  (Read 628 times)

Offline encore4me

• Trade Count: (2)
Leupold ultralight?
« on: March 20, 2006, 08:24:32 AM »
Has any one used one of these? They say they are a VXII so they should be nice but I just wanted some first hand exp.

Matt

Offline oliverstacy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
My experience
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 05:49:04 PM »
I have a Vari-X 3-9x33mm, model #38005.  Basically it is the older model of the one your talking about.  This line was replaced/renamed by Leupold to the Ultralight line.  

I have it on a TC Encore Custom Shop 375 Win rifle barrel.  I think it is great...right in line with the two VX-II 3-9x40mm.  No difference other than lighter and smaller.  I didn't notice any difference in the low light situations.  Just a very nice scope.  If your trying to save on weight and size I wouldn't hesitate on one of these.

Josh
My wife once made the mistake of telling me "all of your guns look alike"...No, I've had this gun for a long time! LOL

Offline Bad Bob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Leupold VXII 3x9 EFR ultralight
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 07:13:57 PM »
Bought one of these EFR scopes for my RWS 34 airgun and it stops here.  It and the 6.5x20 are the only airgun rated scopes leupold makes.  Like it so well I have another here still in the box.  I know people who put them on big guns going to Africa because they are almost impossible to break.  If an airgun can't break them a centerfire doesn't have a chance.  They have an AO and will focus to 7 meters and are very forgiving in their settings.  Cost is $349 anywhere.   For your info.....