Author Topic: 308 Survivor Update  (Read 616 times)

Offline jmckinley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
308 Survivor Update
« on: May 02, 2006, 03:18:00 AM »
:D Finally got to the range on Sunday which was great but, the wind was 20+ cutting across the range. I was having scope problems and we finally got it almost fixed. The rings wouldn't hold and the scope kept sliding and not allow full contact with the primer. Got it fixed long enoug to get in sighted in at 50 yards. Put three nearly in the same hole. trigger is crisp and right at 3#. This is going to be a shooter i can tell that now. I am going to change rings and try this again on Sunday after church. Anyone else had this problem with their gun? Will the 35 Whelen fit this rifle?   Jess
Jess

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
308 Survivor Update
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 06:29:05 AM »
I've had scope ring failure and scope failures before..

Yes..the 35 Whelen will fit the frame..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
308 Survivor Update
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 03:16:23 PM »
I've used a little blue loctite in rings to keep scopes from slipping. Another trick is to line the rings with black electrical tape which also helps prevent ring marks, kind of a poor man's "Burris Signature" insert!!! :grin:

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline jmckinley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
308 Survivor Update
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 03:49:13 AM »
:D Finally fixed my rings and finally got the rifle sighted in. With core-loks 150 we were able to get 4 3 shot gtoups that ran 3/4 of an inch tot the largest about 1 3/4 of an inch at 100 yards (mostly the shooter). We'll start developing a load just for this rifle and see what happens. i know one thing for sure the best trigger I have had on any rifle including any bolt gun I have shot. Thats saying something for a $ 200.00 rifle. Now I need it's twin in 223.      Jess
Jess