Author Topic: Camo H&R Ultra Hunter .270  (Read 1190 times)

Offline rms4570hr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Camo H&R Ultra Hunter .270
« on: May 03, 2006, 04:46:21 AM »
My camoflaged H&R Ultra Hunter .270 Useing the krylon ultra flat camo paints

You know handi rifles are like lays potato chip's with the chip's you can't eat just one same with the handi rifle's you can't buy just one.

rms270hr

Offline 9x19

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 08:19:29 AM »
Looks good... just hope you can find it in the dark after field-dressing that last minute B&C buck!!!  :)

Offline rms4570hr

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 08:54:54 AM »
Quote from: 9x19
Looks good... just hope you can find it in the dark after field-dressing that last minute B&C buck!!!  :)

I hear ya 9x19 i din't think about that.it would be bad to get a nice buck and lay the gun down in the weeds and loose it hehehehe just have to be careful with it.

rms270hr
You know handi rifles are like lays potato chip's with the chip's you can't eat just one same with the handi rifle's you can't buy just one.

rms270hr

Offline rms4570hr

• Avid Poster
camo H&R Ultra Hunter .270
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 09:38:59 AM »
A couple more pic's a little less fuzzy :-)

rms270hr

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »
Looks great, but please tell me you didn't paint those laminates? That would be a great project for the pallet wood stocks. Can you tell, I like the cinnamon stocks? :grin:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline rms4570hr

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 12:00:12 PM »
Quote from: Busta
Looks great, but please tell me you didn't paint those laminates? That would be a great project for the pallet wood stocks. Can you tell, I like the cinnamon stocks? :grin:

hehehehe yeah i can tell you like the cinnamon stocks i do to but they stuck out like neon sign and when ya deer hunt you want to break up the lines a little so i just kinda dulled them down a little with the camo paint not to worrie though im planning on buying some camo laminate stocks to go with the gun.

rms270hr

rms270hr

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 01:19:40 PM »
Very nice paint job , and don't worry if you want to strip the stocks and refinish them they will clean up ok .

But next time find a CHEAP set of pallet wood ones , you will save some of these guys from a heart attack by not painting the laminate's . :-D

Just remember to tie a peice of orange trail tape to it before you lay it down .  :wink:
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline rms4570hr

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 01:47:24 PM »
Quote from: stimpylu32
Very nice paint job , and don't worry if you want to strip the stocks and refinish them they will clean up ok .

But next time find a CHEAP set of pallet wood ones , you will save some of these guys from a heart attack by not painting the laminate's . :-D

Just remember to tie a peice of orange trail tape to it before you lay it down .  :wink:

Hehehehe yeah i see that don't want to give anybody a heart attack but all i have to do to get them back is get some paint remover and it will come right off.but i was planning on buying the camo laminat stock and forend any way and i needed a rifle that don't stick out in the woods i did a remington 1100 shotgun the same way got all the stuff at wally world paint from the paint section and stencils from the floral arrangment section

rms270hr

rms270hr

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 02:49:11 PM »
rms270hr

Something you may want to look at is the Mossy Oak stocks that H&R puts on their waterfoul and turk-e guns , you can buy them from the factory as an acc. item for about the same price as the lam's .
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline rms4570hr

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »
rms270hr

Something you may want to look at is the Mossy Oak stocks that H&R puts on their waterfoul and turk-e guns , you can buy them from the factory as an acc. item for about the same price as the lam's .

Hmmmm might have to look into that.will they fit the H&R ultra hunter SB2 frame

rms270hr

rms270hr

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 05:01:02 PM »
Quote from: rms270hr
rms270hr

rms270hr

They would fit, but they are a low comb shotgun stock, not a Monte Carlo high comb rifle stock.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline rms4570hr

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 06:18:20 PM »
Quote from: Busta
Quote from: rms270hr
rms270hr

rms270hr

They would fit, but they are a low comb shotgun stock, not a Monte Carlo high comb rifle stock.

hmmmm probley will just go with monte carlo camo laminate stock and fore arm i like the high comb on monte carlo stocks

rms270hr

rms270hr