Author Topic: Marlin/Pardner Interchangable??  (Read 532 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Marlin/Pardner Interchangable??
« on: May 15, 2006, 11:54:24 PM »
Saw a Marlin 410...used at Gander this weekend.  Priced way too high, but I could probably talk 'em down some...$88.  Anyway, just wondering if the barrels and stocks would be interchangable with my Pardners.  I know I have seen posts about the Marlins but could not remember what was said about this.  Looks just like a Pardner except for the stampings on the barrel.  Are they the same?
Cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 03:37:27 AM »
Should be. They were made by the same folks in the same factory. I'm relatively sure stampings are the only difference. I'd buy it in a heart beat. the way these guns go up in value it might be worth $89.00 someday! I'm holding out for an old 410 with a 28" barrel.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 07:28:36 AM »
CM,

I would pass on the Marlin, unless you just happen to want one that says Marlin on it. For $94 you can buy a Brand New NEF and the factory can and will fit othr barrels to it if wanted. They will NOT fit other barrels to the Marlin, although they are identical dimensionally.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline one$$shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 12:55:08 PM »
I would call customer service at NEF and ask?  It's a free call.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 05:24:53 PM »
This was more a curious question than not.  I can buy a new Pardner at Wally World for less than they are asking.  My wife works there so I get the 10% break on the price.  This is the first one I ever saw.  I didn't realize they were EXACTLY the same.  Thanks guys.
cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"