Author Topic: Help! Need 357-44 B&D loas for a S&W  (Read 577 times)

Offline unspellable

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Help! Need 357-44 B&D loas for a S&W
« on: May 05, 2006, 08:15:38 AM »
Help!  I STILL haven't found any 357-44 B&D loads for the S&W revovler.  All the loads I have found seem to be for the single shot crowd and the first one I tried gave difficult extraction.

For the moement I am using a 158 grain jacketed bullet.  Don't nee a hot load, I want to get every thing else sorted out before I worry about pushing it.

Offline Reed1911

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (18)
    • www.reedsammo.com
Help! Need 357-44 B&D loas for a S&W
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 12:42:03 PM »
What load are you using>
Ron Reed
Reed's Ammunition & Research
info@reedsammo.com
www.reedsammo.com

Offline PaulS

Re: Help! Need 357-44 B&D loas for a S&W
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 09:00:06 PM »
Quote from: unspellable
Help!  I STILL haven't found any 357-44 B&D loads for the S&W revovler.  All the loads I have found seem to be for the single shot crowd and the first one I tried gave difficult extraction.

For the moement I am using a 158 grain jacketed bullet.  Don't nee a hot load, I want to get every thing else sorted out before I worry about pushing it.

unspellable,

go to Steves pages www.stevespages.com and see what he has. If you start out with loads 15% below his max and don't go higher than 5% below max you should be alright. Some of the loads he has are well above max and you just need to know that if you can't compare his data to manuals.
It is easy to reduce loads from where you are - just keep reducing until you find one that is accurate.
PaulS

Hodgdon, Lyman, Speer, Sierra, Hornady = reliable resources
so and so's pages on the internet = not reliable resources
Alway check loads you find on the internet against manuals.
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads.

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
Load that gave extraction problems
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 08:47:53 AM »
Ron,

I used Winchester primers in virgin Winchester brass with 18.7 grains of H4227 behind a 158 grain jacketed bullet.

Before firing they woul;d fall in and fall out of the chambers.  Primers did not look like they were seeing excessive pressure.