Author Topic: need a little help  (Read 472 times)

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
need a little help
« on: May 11, 2006, 02:04:59 PM »
Could someone measure the inside of the chamber right in front of the ejector and just behind the rim  ledge on a encore 454 casull barrel.

I am not sure if mine is over sized. Mine measures 0.4690 the reason I think this is over sized is 454 and 45 colt cases slip easy over the extractor and wedges behind it.

I called T/C and they are sending me a new extractor and roll pin.

Offline Paladin

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
need a little help
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 05:15:55 PM »
sounds like a bad extractor. I can't get to mine right now, but looking at the case drawings the rim is .512 and the case is .480 in the drawing I was looking at. I'll measure mine tomorrow evening and let ya know what I find

Offline Paladin

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
need a little help
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 03:07:15 PM »
Ricky, I measured my causell barrel and just in front of the rim it measures .472. I have shot about a hundred rounds through it with no trouble at all. I really think the extractor will cure your problem. GOOD LUCK

Offline rickyp

need a little help
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 03:44:44 AM »
Thanks, I really hope the extractor cures the problum.

Offline rickyp

need a little help
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 07:42:52 AM »
the extractor came in today I put it in and now it  makes the cases fir too tightly and scratches them. I am sure it is a smiple matter of finding the right way it fits but I bent the roll pin  so it is only about 3/4 the way in and I snaped the rest off trying to get it out  :x SO I am going to send the barrel back to T/C and see what they say about it