Author Topic: HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program)  (Read 2193 times)

Offline SAWgunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.ranger.org/
HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program)
« on: May 13, 2006, 08:15:49 AM »
I was talking to a person in a Restaurant in Green River while I was waiting on my train.  We got started talking about Wyoming seeding the rain clouds this winter and how it didn't help.  He says, "...well, I suppose we can blame that HAARP program up there in Alaska for that."

Interesting.  Here is a few statements from the HAARP homepage.

"HAARP is a scientific endeavor aimed at studying the properties and behavior of the ionosphere, with particular emphasis on being able to understand and use it to enhance communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes.

The HAARP program is committed to developing a world class ionospheric research facility consisting of:

* The ionospheric research instrument (IRI), a high power transmitter facility operating in the HF frequency range. The IRI will be used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere for scientific study.
    * A sophisticated suite of Scientific (or "diagnostic") instruments that will be used to observe the physical processes that occur in the excited region.

Observation of the processes resulting from the use of the IRI in a controlled manner will allow scientists to better understand processes that occur continuously under the natural stimulation of the sun.

Scientific instruments installed at the HAARP Observatory will be useful for a variety of continuing research efforts which do not involve the use of the IRI but are strictly passive. Among these studies include ionospheric characterization using satellite beacons, telescopic observation of the fine structure in the aurora, and documentation of long-term variations in the ozone layer"

Now, I did some reasearch on this program, and I am highly trained in RADARs (all aspects including theory).  Looking at this antenna, I note nothing unusual about it's set-up or construction that looks out of the ordinary.  It is non-movable, and even if it were phased-array (which it isn't) it would only be capable of aiming a signal so far in any direction.  This means that if it were able to control weather, the weather would only affect the areas that the jet stream took it to.  I also think this set-up woould be usless as an ealry-warning/detection antenna as mentioned in some HAARP/Star Wars conspiracy theories.

What I find unusual is how many people in this state buy into the whole weather control idea.  I find it hard to believe that people would not want to profit from a proven weather controlling device (or substance in the case of seeding clouds).

What does everyone else think?
Nosce Hostem
"Birds of Prey" 743rd MI BN
Proud Freemason-Chugwater Lodge No. 23

Offline Lone Star

• Reformed Gunwriter
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 08:41:38 AM »
This is yet another conspriacy theory that just doesn't hold water - sorry for the pun.  :roll:  There simply isn't enough energy pumped into the sky by HAARP to effect anything.....but that doesn't stop folks from blaming it for a host of ills including poor education of their children and hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico.  

It is so easy to blame something for problems when you:
1) Don't understand anything about how the mechanism even works, and
2) Don't want to believe that man cannot effect his environment in any substantial way.  This is a natural human condition, akin to the uncomfortable feeling many get when they try to face the fact that a powerful man like a President can be brought down by the simple act of a solitary madman.    :D

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 08:47:08 AM »
Quote from: Lone Star
It is so easy to blame something for problems when you:

2) Don't want to believe that man cannot effect his environment in any substantial way.  This is a natural human condition, akin to the uncomfortable feeling many get when they try to face the fact that a powerful man like a President can be brought down by the simple act of a solitary madman.    :D

What a great observation.  That sums up, in one accurate observation, the feelings of every person that wants a nanny-culture and is scared to death of the world.  The fact that a man can dramatically change his environment is not welcome by most people, hence gun-control.  I like it.
Nosce Hostem

Offline urrlord

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 11:55:27 AM »
i have been hearing about haarp for years.hearing all kinds of things attributed to it from mind control to weather control,in amongst  these it was mentioned that if you pumped enough energy into it  you could cause a deformation of the atmosphere.a protuberance.it occured to me that this could be a good defense against meteors  and near earth orbit objects.i e start them burning up farther out or to alter  orbits of these objects using atmospheric  skip or drag.but i have never heard any of the conspiracy buffs discuss this. why?  because it would be a helpful use...any thoughts folks?

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 05:40:43 AM »
I don't know...Like I said before, unless it is a phased array (which it is not), It is very very difficult for a fixed radar like this to aim it's beam.  I don't think it woul be much used in sonically breaking up a meteor.  I think that would require an extreme amount of power...or maybe pulse power (like a rail gun).

SAW
Nosce Hostem

Offline urrlord

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 06:16:30 AM »
hey saw.i was not saying use it as a sonic weapon against objects(sonics in a vacuum?don't think it would work)lol.any way one of the conspiracy writers had said use of haarp caused an outward bulge in the upper atmosphere,on the order of many miles.i think you would have to pump phenomanol amount of power into it for that.but if it did u should be able to alter the trajectory of such objects by causing them to skip off the atmosphere at calculated distances,or start them burning up at a greater distance during reentry thus causing more mass reduction before impact or breakup.that had occurred to me when i heard the interview,never heard any one else discuss it.   now as to the pulse/and or rail gun subject.there was some interesting shuttle footage 6-8 years ago that could have been an energy weapon discharge.you have probably seen the footage on  some ufo shows.   have  a good day.

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 10:35:55 AM »
That would make perfect sense about skipping the object, but I don't know of any capability to make the atmosphere bulge.  You are right about the vacuum...I meant was use waves to break it up.  Anyway, yeah, rail guns have been around for years, but am I understanding you to say that the infamous STS/Ufo clip where something goes blurring across the screen is someone shooting at the STS?  Also, the rail gun I saw a demonstration of had about a 15km/sec "Muzzle" velocity...I don't think you would have seen it blur by, unless (and I don't know of a rail gun that is pointed up) it had slowed too much by the time it had entered space.
Nosce Hostem