Author Topic: Choate Survivor  (Read 744 times)

Offline darat100

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (79)
  • A Real Regular
Choate Survivor
« on: June 01, 2006, 03:54:45 PM »
I have been trying to find a set of synthetic straight stocks without much luck.  I know I can buy them new, but was really looking for something I could trade for.  (too many as it is. )  

WIll the Choate survivor work with open sights, or are they the same height as a monte carlo?  

Anyone have one they shoot with open sights?  Like or dislike?

Thanks

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Choate Survivor
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 04:14:06 PM »
Hello darat100, check your PM's buddy. The Survivor stocks work great with iron sights. I have a set of H&R Survivor stocks (made by Choate) on my coyote gun, a .22 Mag Sportster, and it has logged many miles through the Maine woods and I feel is the perfect stock set up for the job, that why my gun is set up that way!!!
I repaced a set of standard synthetics with the Survivor set and have never been happier, the pistol grip holds steady and the stocks are light and  comfortable carrying either on you back or in your hand(s) for miles a day on snowshoes or during the warmer months with no snow, they also hold VERY steady on target with the nice pistol grip feature. I will admit I did not like them much until I tried my first set, but keeping an open mind I was soon a convert to thier many fine attributes for hunting and shooting, they are really great in the woods or on a "truck gun"....<><.... :grin:
P.S. - they have a low comb like a straight stock, they are made for iron sights....
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline DutchV

• Trade Count: (1)
Choate Survivor
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 05:06:44 PM »
I just had my .308 Survivor fitted with iron sights, and it feels fine.  No trouble at all with the comb height.

Offline jerkface11

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Choate Survivor
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 06:05:17 PM »
Just don't shoot a .500S&W in a handi with a survivor stock. Trust me.

Offline kenbev

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
survivor stock
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 12:47:12 AM »
The 12 gauge 3" and 3.5" loads are not fun to shoot with a survivor stock either....