Author Topic: Question on the 22" 45/70 Gov't barrel  (Read 682 times)

Offline rms4570hr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Question on the 22" 45/70 Gov't barrel
« on: June 02, 2006, 01:52:32 AM »
I sent my ultra hunter back to get the 45/70 Gov't barrel fitted and told them to substitute the iron sights for the scope rail and hammer spur. ok the front sight is doved tailed will the factory leave the sight in or do i have to find something to fill it in not sure how the rear sight's put on ? :?

rms270hr
You know handi rifles are like lays potato chip's with the chip's you can't eat just one same with the handi rifle's you can't buy just one.

rms270hr

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
Stghts on 22" 45-70
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 02:47:20 AM »
rms270hr
 My barrel came with open sights, both were on with screws.
 I removed them and used scope Old tired eyes just can not
 use open sights. Marv.

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
delete
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 02:49:53 AM »
delete

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 05:14:13 AM »
The 22" .45-70 accessory barrel comes with screw on iron barrel sights standard you don't have to ask for sights, no dovetail up front. The 32" BC accessory barrel comes with no sights and the front sight location is a 3/8" dovetailed slot.

All NEF/H&R rifles come drilled and tapped for a scope rail, the 2 rear mount holes are used for a rear aperture sight.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline rms4570hr

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 07:01:33 AM »
Quote from: quickdtoo
The 22" .45-70 accessory barrel comes with screw on iron barrel sights standard you don't have to ask for sights, no dovetail up front. The 32" BC accessory barrel comes with no sights and the front sight location is a 3/8" dovetailed slot.

All NEF/H&R rifles come drilled and tapped for a scope rail, the 2 rear mount holes are used for a rear aperture sight.

Tim

Thank's tim that's what i needed to know so all i have to do is put screws in the holes where the front sight was or maybe the factory will do it for me sence i told them i wanted the scope rail and hammer spur instead of the open sights.

rms270hr
You know handi rifles are like lays potato chip's with the chip's you can't eat just one same with the handi rifle's you can't buy just one.

rms270hr

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 07:49:45 AM »
Yes, that's how I ordered my first .45-70 barrel, they put a filler screws in all the holes. In restrospect tho, I should have just ordered the scope rail extra, the sights cost the better part of $50 and there's no extra charge for them, just for the rail and hammer ext. :wink:

Tim

Offline rms4570hr

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 07:59:02 AM »
Yes, that's how I ordered my first .45-70 barrel, they put a filler screws in all the holes. In restrospect tho, I should have just ordered the scope rail extra, the sights cost the better part of $50 and there's no extra charge for them, just for the rail and hammer ext. :wink:

Tim

I hear ya there i should have ordered the barrel with the open sight's i had no idea they cost that much and the scope rail and hammer exstention together only cost $18.00  wish i had known this before i ordered. :shock:

rms270hr

rms270hr

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 11:49:59 AM »
NPP!!!! (no problem pal), just call them first thing Monday morning and change the order, easy to do!!!! They are fine people in CS (customer service) and VERY helpful....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 12:39:16 PM »
Yup, you're benefiting from our experience, both in knowing which to do and how to fix it!! :lol:  :wink: Isn't that what we're all here for!! :grin:

Tim

Offline rms4570hr

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »
Yup, you're benefiting from our experience, both in knowing which to do and how to fix it!! :lol:  :wink: Isn't that what we're all here for!! :grin:

Tim

Yeser were here to gain knowledge and pass it on down the line to others that need help :-)  :D

rms270hr

rms270hr