Author Topic: The Last One  (Read 528 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
The Last One
« on: July 14, 2006, 10:17:32 AM »
Yep, it was me!  I was the last one to purchase a firearm from my local Walmart.  They will no longer be carrying firearms.  The best part is,  the last gun sold in that store was a Pardner.

Not a big deal, but it does give me a little "Bragging Rights" with my neighbors. LOL

Cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: The Last One
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 12:01:37 PM »
Well. Congrats? I guess. I hope it really is just a bussiness decision on the part and not a political trend that the company is trying to hide. The store 2 miles from my house isn't going to stop selling guns but the one 8 miles away is.

What did you get? Was it a short barreld 20ga with synthetic stocks and a screw in choke?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: The Last One
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 12:53:25 AM »
That would have been great, but they had no current models in stock.  They re-stocked around the first of the year and the only thing ones that were sold since then were a couple of pumps and, of course, the Winchesters.  I got another short 20ga youth model.  I needed another short stock and receiver and this purchase took care of that and gave me an extra barrel which I promptly traded to kenbev for a straight stock.  Worked out great.
I, too, hope this is not a political decision on Walmart's part.  After tracking the inventory for 6 months in my local store and seeing how long the guns sit there in the case, I can understand why my local store is discontinuing sales of guns.  Oh well, there are other places to shop and when I really "Just gotta have another"  I will just have to drive a little farther.
cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"