Author Topic: 7mm mag performance own deer  (Read 3195 times)

Offline nabob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
7mm mag performance own deer
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2006, 04:13:48 AM »
I can keep this up as long as you can, fellas.

More reading comprehension time for you, wijim: where did I say I was in the Appalachians? And exactly where did I say I was responding to you when I talked about bullet selection? NONYA mentioned handloading to get a bullet that stays together at short yardage and I was responding to him. Not everything is all about you, friend. Try to keep up with the discussion. It will be easier than having to keep bringing you up to speed.

Even more reading comprehension time: when did I ever say "I" was poor? I don't think I did. I said that I live in an area where there's a lot of folks just getting by but I didn't say I was one of them. For goodness sakes, wijim - I wonder if you actually read anything or just make stuff up as you go along? My guess is the latter - it beats having to stumble over the big words.  

Now, as to whether the 7MM Mag does or does not blow up meat at short distances, well, your experience is different than mine. That's what makes the world go around. That's also supposed to make this site go around - sharing different opinions. Doesn't bother me that your opinion is different. I don't feel the need to prove you wrong. Can you say the same? Or have you restarted a dead issue in order to engage in an Internet pissing match because you can't stand not having the last word?

My guess is that you have been looking for a fight ever since someone dared suggest your pet caliber was anything but perfect for everything. Try not to get your self-esteem from your gun. It's OK if people don't like your gun, wijim. It doesn't mean they won't like you.

Of course, if your attitude here is any indication, I wouldn't lay any money on that...

Offline wijim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2006, 05:53:47 AM »
Quote from: nabob
I can keep this up as long as you can, fellas.

More reading comprehension time for you, wijim: where did I say I was in the Appalachians? And exactly where did I say I was responding to you when I talked about bullet selection? NONYA mentioned handloading to get a bullet that stays together at short yardage and I was responding to him. Not everything is all about you, friend. Try to keep up with the discussion. It will be easier than having to keep bringing you up to speed.

Even more reading comprehension time: when did I ever say "I" was poor? I don't think I did. I said that I live in an area where there's a lot of folks just getting by but I didn't say I was one of them. For goodness sakes, wijim - I wonder if you actually read anything or just make stuff up as you go along? My guess is the latter - it beats having to stumble over the big words.  

Now, as to whether the 7MM Mag does or does not blow up meat at short distances, well, your experience is different than mine. That's what makes the world go around. That's also supposed to make this site go around - sharing different opinions. Doesn't bother me that your opinion is different. I don't feel the need to prove you wrong. Can you say the same? Or have you restarted a dead issue in order to engage in an Internet pissing match because you can't stand not having the last word?

My guess is that you have been looking for a fight ever since someone dared suggest your pet caliber was anything but perfect for everything. Try not to get your self-esteem from your gun. It's OK if people don't like your gun, wijim. It doesn't mean they won't like you.

Of course, if your attitude here is any indication, I wouldn't lay any money on that...

uh...read between the lines.  you used a ridiculous assumption that i am rich and my "lack of need" dictates my hunting behavior.  therefore i used the same ridiculous assertion that you were a poor appalachian.  it was to show you the red herring you decided to bring into this discussion.  apparently a metaphorical use of a logical falacy is too difficult or deep for you to understand.

i could care less if someone doesn't like the 7mm rem mag for any reason.  but a falacy in logic is what you brought to the table.  you assert its simply the caliber and over the counter factory loads that destroy more than an ordinary amount of meat.  i gave you an example (two in fact) of a particular factory load that does not destroy more than many other guns at a range within your 50 yard mark.  yet you didnt compare what the "blow-up" bullets were as far as which factory load.  i have contended that the 140 grain federal classic soft point performed beautifully.  you stated...with a blanket statement with no bullet or cartridge designation...that a 7mm simply blows up too much meat at short distances.  my contention is/has been/ and will be.....if the right bullet (no need for high expense) is used......then your issue is a non issue.  btw...compare te price of a box of fed classics in 7mm rem mag and a box of 450 marlin cartridges...(as we are speaking of retail purchased factory loads).

ive stated that the 7mm mag is not for everyone....for a variety of reasons...being kick, comfort in shooting, noise, and a host of others.....but tearing up meat in a deer....i just dont buy it.  its all in bullet selection and shot placement.  for god's sake you make it sound like im a 7mm salesman.  guess what...i have other guns i like just as much....im just of the mindset that when someone gives a blanket statement as a misrepresentation...due to lack of logic and knowledge....you do a diservice to the original poster who asked the question about the 7mm rem mag in the first place. :roll:

if you made the same statement and used the same type of arguement and backing up of that arguement about a different caliber.....the arguement would be the same whether i owned that caliber or not.

7mm.08
any of the short mags
you name it..its bullet selection or cartridge choice that matters.

why not take one of your head on shots with a 30.06 using 220 gr ballistic tips at under 50 yards and see where those fragments end up.  cuz that is the comparison you are making.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2006, 07:46:21 AM »
Time for a time out for all. Time to think on the rules saying no personal attacks, no name calling and to just stick to the subject. Maybe after everyone has cooled down I'll reopen it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!