Author Topic: Armor Alloy Barrel or Not?  (Read 671 times)

Offline gtram

• Trade Count: (2)
Armor Alloy Barrel or Not?
« on: June 23, 2006, 11:48:22 AM »
Picked up a 7mm TCU barrel in what I thought was SS.
Today I tried putting the barrel on my G2 frame and the hinge pin  would
not go through the barrel lug's hole. Tried three different pins with no luck.
Looking at the barrel I noticed on the lug  two A's (AA) and what  looks like to me a Natzi cross emblem (+). The finish is sort of a matt stainless. Do I have an Armor Alloy barrel or just an under sized barrel lug hole? Thanks for any info!

Offline C A Plater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • http://tcbunch.com
    • TCBunch.com
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 03:20:30 PM »
Yep, it's an ArmAlloy barrel.  You can send it to Fox Ridge and have them convert it.  IIRC it cost $25-30 plus shipping or you could do it yourself if you have the skills.

Offline springer222

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 01:55:47 PM »
Another option is a trade. I have a blued 7mm TCU barrel that would fit your frame w/o alterations.

Offline gtram

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 09:04:43 AM »
Springer222, thanks for the input . Kind of figured it was an AA barrel.
CA Platter, already have one in blue its a 10" barrel and have one coming in 23" so I'm kind of in good shape as far as 7mm TCU's go. Might be open for another trade. Not interested in any cannons as I've got several of them already.

Offline Fearless

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 09:24:05 AM »
Hey gtram,
I got one of those AA barrels at a gun show in .44 mag and had the same problem.  Just used a wooden dowel and some emery cloth to SLOWLY enlarge the hole in the barrel lug.  It fits fine now and shoots super...picked up the barrel for a song and she sings sweet - Fearless

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Armor Alloy Barrel or Not?
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 05:36:30 PM »
gtram,

BTW, just to let you know the emblem on the barrel lug is not a Natzi emblem. It is know as the Iron Cross. The Natzi's did take the Iron Cross emblem and superimpose the Natzi emblem inside the Iron Cross. But the Natzi's did not develop the emblem.

Also, I had a 223 AA barrel (I just sold it last week) that would shoot the eyes out of flys at 100 yards with the right hand loads. For some reason AA barrels never got real popular, but that 223 I sold was very accurate.

The only reason I sold it was because I bot a 223 T\C rifle barrel that was accurate out to 400 yards. The 14" AA was accurate out to 200 yards.

Just an FYI.

Dave.