Author Topic: Taurus Warranty And Service! Where Is It?  (Read 603 times)

Offline Greensac

• Trade Count: (0)
Taurus Warranty And Service! Where Is It?
« on: June 13, 2006, 06:41:43 AM »
Taurus is well known for it's lifetime warranty which sounds great. I purchased a 24/7 "NRA Handgun of the Year" a few months ago. It had a problem hitting the primers hard enough to ignite the ammo, so I sent it back. It has been over 10 weeks and I am still waiting.When I called, they said the part (new firing pin) was in Brazil and needed to be shipped to Miami, FL where there repairs take place. But, there hasn't been room on any of the boats for my firing pin so they continue to hold my handgun for repair. The warranty sounds great, but the service is terrible at Taurus. They don't even know how to find a spot on a huge ship to send my firing pin here so they can fix it. I would give the gun away if I had more money, but I will sell the garbage if I ever get it back and never buy anything Taurus again. It's bad enough that their service department is so uncooperative and useless, but do they have to lie about why the parts aren't available? I felt this truth needed to be told because all I ever found online was good things about the gun I bought and it turned out to be a huge lie.

Offline CyberSniper

• Contributor
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 08:16:18 AM »
Based on what I've heard from dealers and a few other people,
the problem with Taurus is a fairly recent development.
Less than a year's time that is.
Since it often takes a while for information to be corrected /updated
online, that might explain why you didn't see it coming.
There have been other people on this forum talking about
problems with Taurus recently also, so you are not alone in that
experience.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 10:28:40 AM »
The problem is DEFINITELY not that new. Look at my old posts of all the problems I had with both their quality and service. I used to be one of the strongest supporters of Taurus guns around. Then they made the turn around to lousy quality and worse service. I no longer support them and likely will never buy another gun from them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 10:54:08 AM »
:cb2: And I had the problem of them not fixing the problem and having to send the gun back several times. This gets rather expensive. They finally fixed the problem (I hope), and I sold it. Could never trust it again. Also, will never buy another Taurus again.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 11:23:38 PM »
You can pretty much ask anyone who dealt with Taurus customer service.. and they will let you know what they think.  A warranty sounds great, but only if it actually works.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline Greensac

Too Bad For Taurus
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 12:19:25 PM »
When I first handled and shot that 24/7 in .45 ACP, I fell in love with the way it feels in my hand and the accuracy is better than average. The SA/DA feature is great, I think. The bad part was I had to pull the trigger up to 10 times to make one shell fire. Yikes! With a few improvements in their priorities and clean house on whoever is in charge of anything to do with inventories or service, I think Taurus could become a respected manufacturer of guns. Some of their products could be really decent with a minimum of changes. I might buy that damn company in a year or so, when they go under. I'll let you know.

Offline Greensac

Anchor For Sale
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 12:38:40 PM »
FOR SALE: One boat anchor shaped like Taurus 24/7. $400 OBO. Called the gun shop where I bought my Taurus and told them I was coming after them  in small claims court because I had brought my gun to them for repairs and they sent it to Taurus leaving them liable to me. So they decided maybe they better put some pressure on Taurus to get it back which was my ultimate goal.I just want a working gun back! Anyway, Taurus told them it would be done in July. We will see. I also filed a complaint with the dept of justice consumer complaint div. in WI and they are pursuing an answer as to why it is taking so long. Got a letter from them today saying they will find an answer and let me know, which is the thing to do because now Taurus has another strike against them on record for any consumer to call and find out about.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 05:20:41 PM »
In a way saying "customer service" at Taurus is bad is a mistatement. The actual manager of customer service back when I was dealing with him was as nice and as helpful as he could be. The problem was that the manager over repairs wasn't. He was to put it bluntly an ass. And he was the one the over all manager listened to NOT the customer service guy.

So over all they could be said to have a total lack of customer service but it's not the fault of the guy in charge of that department. Still the effect to us is the same.

Taurus needs to do some real deep introspective looking. I used to be sold on their products BEFORE their quality took a nose dive and I sold a bunch of Taurus guns for them. Now with the poor quality and refusal to take care of the customer after the fact I'm trying to keep everyone from wasting money on them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!