Author Topic: Hi,new to the board  (Read 533 times)

Offline vicspank

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi,new to the board
« on: September 20, 2006, 01:26:43 PM »
Hi folks.Thought I would introduce myself.I am a NRA certified Instructor in Basic Pistol,Personal Protection and also Range Saftey Officer.This is one of the largest boards I think I've seen.Alot of good info here.I look forward to being a part of it.

vicspank

Offline Dusty Miller

Re: Hi,new to the board
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 02:23:56 PM »
Welcome aboard, Vic.  Make yourself at home and post often.  We ain't fancy folks hereabouts but most of us have a lick of sense or two in our heads!  Whatta ya like to shoot?
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 02:33:46 PM »
Welcome.  I am sure you will find the site educational, as well as very entertaining...............jump in and enjoy yourself.

Offline marylandeer

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 03:33:50 PM »
Wecome vicspank, I look forward to reading your post. It sounds like with your expierence you can crontribute a lot of valuable input..
Here's your first question from me.
What kind of Factory Ammo do you reccomend for my Taurus PT-92 9MM (Home Protection Only) I don't have a carry permit?
I currently use Corbon 125 grain Hollow points what do you think of these?

Offline vicspank

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 01:19:03 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.Corbon's are great.First and formost your load has to be reliable in your chosen gun.Also you have to be able to handle it well.Most coroner's can't tell a 9mm,40 or 45 wound channel from each other.What load works best is a 64,000 ?and it won't be answered on any board.I'am qualified  NRA expert in self defense shooting and to tell you the truth,there is no majic bullet.At what angle was the bad guy shot?Is he on crack or cocain or somthing that will boost his adrenalen?Did you shoot out his motor movements?There was a guy that was hit 5 times with a .45acp he lived.Said it felt like bee stings.Another went down like a rock with a .22 to the chest.Use what ever gives you reliable consistant,center mass hit's with good penetration.9mm and up is the most consistant cal's. I carry a number of different guns from time to time.Depending on my dress,where I'm going,and etc.My Star BM like's 147gr.Rangers,My TT33 tok in 9mm like's 115gr silvertips,my S&W 38 sp likes 130gr hollow points.In the winter it's very cold here on Lake Erie,bad guys wear down and leather coats,so in the winter I carry FMJ.A good reliable gun,plenty of practice and a little common sense,you will come out ahead.

vicspank

Offline marylandeer

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 02:00:29 PM »
Thanks vicspank, I guess I'm ok then because the Corbon's shoot very good in my gun and I fired about 40 of them with no malfuntions. I have no problem keeping a clip full  in the chest of a 20 yard target. I hope I never have to find out if they make good man stoppers but I'm sure they would if needed....

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 12:09:21 AM »
Howdy, Vic
Salutations and all but I must warn you about the folks in this town.
Generally nice folks BUUUUUUTTTTTT, beware, some of us forgit to take our meds on a regular basis, drink too much of tha black and go off on tangents in a heartbeat.
Dusty must be drinking coffee agin, we warned him about limiting hisownself to two pots in the morning but the boy just doan listen.
If most of us had a lick of sense we would deny it and do all we can to disprove it.
Blessings ;) :o ??? ::) :P
TEXAS, by GOD