Author Topic: New 7mm-08 barrel  (Read 451 times)

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
New 7mm-08 barrel
« on: July 14, 2006, 09:53:46 AM »
Just set up my new 7mm-08 Pro Hunter barrel on my encore, with a 2-6x32 3200 Bushnell Elite.  What a shooter!! I just bore sighted it looking at a spot on my living room wall.  First shot out of her was at 50 yards, 6" low and 1/2" to the right.  Had it grouping 1" after 4 shots.  Very impressive to me for a pistol.  Has a bit of a recoil but no more than expected and fun to shoot.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline xphunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: New 7mm-08 barrel
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 06:14:35 AM »
buckskin,
The 7-08 is a great vartridge for a SP.  I'm glad you are having a good experience with it.
Ernie
"If you think you are perfect, just try walking on water!"

Offline S & W 642

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 08:19:57 AM »
I am glad you are having success sighting your barrell in I don't have a pro hunter model.  I bought mine a few months ago and I am still trying different bullets for it and I just had a trigger job done.  I hope that will work.  I am getting ready to send it off to get a T'SOB scope base and rings put on it. 
Eph2:8-9

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 09:26:37 AM »
Does anyone have any nice loads for this caliber?
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne