Author Topic: got a big fat cow this evening... ELK, that is...  (Read 891 times)

Offline Les Staley

• Trade Count: (0)
got a big fat cow this evening... ELK, that is...
« on: October 20, 2006, 06:38:37 PM »
shot her about 7pm, just before dark,  got her outside the garage on the fourwheeler trailer cooling down even as we speak.  now about 10:30.. sometimes ya gotta love living in Wyoming... Les

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
Re: got a big fat cow this evening... ELK, that is...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 12:46:53 PM »
Congrats. I got mine the day before you did. And yes, Wyoming is a GREAT place to live. What part of the state do live  / hunt?
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Offline Les Staley

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 04:33:09 PM »
I live near Big Piney, and hunt mainly north toward Jackson Hole in the Bridger-Teton..  I've lived here for 16 years, and finaly getting to know some  "honey holes"  for elk.  Saw three others just before the one I got, but couldn'g get on em...    Les

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 05:10:10 PM »
you say you got her outside your garage?  I got mine in the forest.  (just a little got my elk humor)
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline Les Staley

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 01:49:08 PM »
No, Crowfeather, the correct answer would be  "right in the heart" when asked where I got her... Ha.......Les

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 07:55:32 PM »
My hunt starts Nov 1st - may I do as well.

C F
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.