Author Topic: The real conspiracy  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Skeptic10787

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
The real conspiracy
« on: May 09, 2006, 07:15:46 PM »
The real conspiracy is one of our most cherished rights as American citizens... our media.
Even if a story contains truth, it rarely gives a fair statement for both sides... but they're mostly just lies and opnions that are reported as facts. Yet our cowardly journalists get away with it by hiding behind "anonymous sources",  emotions, political correct/incorrectness, and most of all fear. The terrorists won because of our media. The terrorists aren't the ones who created the fearful and paranoid attitude of today... they let our own media distribute their propaganda and turn every American against each other. That's right, I said it, the terrorists won, because of the ignorance of our politically-correct anti-government sue-happy mcdonalds-eating country. Don't get me wrong, I love this country, but I hate what it's turning into.
So before you go and blame the government for turning our great country into the biggest joke in the modern world, take a closer look at where you got that info... I'd bet it originated from a media organization who either has no proof of their claims, got it from an "anonymous" source, or a government informant... AKA a traitor (and contrary to popular belief, that aspect of our 1st amendment was meant to protect whistle blowers, not traitors). They're not looking for "the truth", they're looking for a big story... a scandal ...and they'll always get one. Journalists have a special place in hell... right next to the lawyers.

So to stay on topic, I think my opinion is clear... anyone who believes the all those childish little conspiricy theories, including those involving bigfoot, UFO's, ghosts, monsters, moon landings, JFK, ect, needs to get a life for one, then take a look at where you got your info... I bet the answer speaks for itself.

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
    • http://www.ranger.org/
The real conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 03:56:56 AM »
I would like to back you up on the first two paragraphs.  I couldn't have chosen a better way to sum up my feelings on the matter.  I also hate what this country I was sworn to defend has become.

What is interesting about conspiracy theories (and I speak from almost a decade of working in the intelligence business) is that you and 99.9% of other Americans will never have hardly any of the information about the Conspiritorial matters because daddy dosen't want you to know.  Not that I have all the secrets of the universe at hand, but I know the inside workings of the nation and find it interesting to watch the thought process of Conspiracy Theorists and Skeptics alike.  But you hit the nail on the head as far as the average American worrying about the non-vital things in life and pushing the rest by the wayside.
Nosce Hostem
"Birds of Prey" 743rd MI BN
Proud Freemason-Chugwater Lodge No. 23

Offline Skeptic10787

• Avid Poster
The real conspiracy
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 05:57:08 AM »
Quote from: SAWgunner
you and 99.9% of other Americans will never have hardly any of the information about the Conspiritorial matters because daddy dosen't want you to know

I'll agree with you on that. My opinion is that most of the high profile conspiracy theories are more likely to be wrong, for the simple fact that the public as a whole has a nasty history of believing embellished stories with little or no truth, and also because any truth to these stories is washed out through years of being told and re-told. What I'm getting at is hard to explain... but I think you get my point.
It is also my opinion that there are things than need to be kept secret. The majority of the journalist population believes we should have no national security... that we should have no secrets... the public "needs" to know what they're paying for. That thinking is what's destroying this country.

Offline techshooter

• GBO Sponsor
    • http://shootersolutions.com
The real conspiracy
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 06:04:06 AM »
While many beileve truth is worth seeking out just like a diamond, what is said by anyone can be agenda, or in common words weaved.
Private Opinion and/or question
Shoot straight and true!
http://ShooterSolutions.com
Home of Solutions and MolyFusion

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
The real conspiracy
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 08:02:29 AM »
Quote from: techshooter
While many beileve truth is worth seeking out just like a diamond, what is said by anyone can be agenda, or in common words weaved.

Agreed.  That is why I love statistics.  If you pay the right person enough money to put together statistics for your agenda....need I say more?  Another thought of that is that almost every human being is guilty of filtering their speech through an agenda.  I am the world's worst...let me explain.

Working for the railroad, I found myself getting out of the intelligence business and getting into a multi-generational, hard core democratic party member, Unionized, highly gullible workplace.  There are many things that Railroaders believe, and the most common are:

1.  Anything the Company tells them is a lie.

2.  If it is Republican or Conservative, it is against the Union.

3.  The Labor Unions are the Savior of the Labor movement.

4.  Facts are just a tool that the "conservative" media uses to camouflage  the real agenda.

Working against this, and knowing that facts are not facts in most of my fellow co-workers eyes, I always plea to their emotions (almost without trying).  "Did you know that democratic Senator So-and-So voted against this and that in the cattle industry?"...."Did you know that your anti-big business Sen. John Kerry is married to a Heinz and owns alot of the evil Halliburton's stock?"..so on and so forth.  It's just human nature to do this, I believe, for the most part.  Don't take my word for it, watch females (including our wives) interact with each other,  and political debates/speeches.

AAaannnnddd....before I get crucified about the union comments, let me state that I am pro-union....for the most part.  I do not personally care for modern labor unions because they have become exactly what they were formed to fight...Big Corporations.  They even come complete with Multi-millionaire Presidents such as Hoffa.  I know that unions did alot of good in the turn of the century when mines shot their workers instead of letting them get 4 hours off a day, and I also believe that we are in for a strong labor movement again within the next decade, or Amreica loses.
Nosce Hostem

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
The real conspiracy
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 09:17:52 AM »
I always make comments about CNN being the "Communist News Network" to my wife.  So, when she asked me where I got my news, she was surprised when I told her CNN, and wanted to know why I read their web site and not one more inline with my personal tastes.  I explained that CNN is the ENEMEY, and if I get my news from them it is easier to be objective and read between the lines of rhetoric to get a more factual report.  Conversely, if I am watching something more to my tastes, its too easy to say "Yep, that's what I think too." and move on.  

I was just wondering if anyone else has the same take on the news.
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
The real conspiracy
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 09:58:10 AM »
Nosce Hostem....Know Your Enemy

Well...actually, my blood pressure raises quite a bit when watching any news network..including Fox.  Television has catered to Generation Tweeny way too much, just take a look at MTV or any of the Prime Time hits such as Desperate Housewives or th O.C. or the "Real Women of OC".  Of course, that is the name of the game...you have to make money, and if you don't sway left a little, you won't in the entertainment business.
Nosce Hostem

Offline CyberSniper

• Contributor
The real conspiracy
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 07:13:56 PM »
I keep thinking that if this country ever goes "over the edge", the
very media that helped push it over will be one of the first
victims...

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
The real conspiracy
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 01:08:16 AM »
sawgunner,  you are o.k. with me.  right on the nuts with your views.

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
The real conspiracy
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 01:38:05 PM »
Why thank you, Myronman...it's good to have company in my crazy world.  Hah hah hah!
Nosce Hostem

Offline Tn Jim

• A Real Regular
The real conspiracy
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 11:52:46 AM »
Another kuddo SAW. Nice to meet yet another vet that I agree with. :D
Not all Muslims are terrorist, but oddly enough, all terrorist are Muslims.

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
The real conspiracy
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 03:42:30 PM »
Quote from: Tn Jim
Another kuddo SAW. Nice to meet yet another vet that I agree with. :D

Thanks brother.  Airborne.
Nosce Hostem

Offline Skeptic10787

• Avid Poster
The real conspiracy
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 02:07:12 AM »
I opened up my local newspaper today, and was greeted by the headline "remains of kidnapped soldiers found" with the subtitle "tortured beyond recognition". The article continues on for half the page speaking first of how the soldiers were subjected to the most brutal and painful torture imaginable and that their bodies will have to be confirmed by DNA. The rest of the article continues with the typical "2000 -something soldiers have been killed so far in this unnecessary war..." garbage. It was an AP article, so it obviously wasn't printed in just my paper.

Why the hell does our media spread the propaganda of the terrorist? Those acts weren't just meant to harm the soldiers, they were meant to put fear and hatred into the minds of Americans. I just don't know why our own media thrives on publishing such disgusting articles, then averting the blame from the barbaric savages who commit these acts as if it wasn't their fault.
It's ridiculous. What happened to news? What happened to newspapers kids could read without having to go to therapy afterwards? This is not news the American public needs to know.

Offline Tn Jim

• A Real Regular
The real conspiracy
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 06:19:42 AM »
Skeptic, thats what they are taught in journorlism school now." Always inject your .02 cents into the story. The American people are too dumb to know what to think so it is your job to tell them what to think." And which stories do they pick to do this with? IF IT BLEEDS, IT LEADS!!!
Not all Muslims are terrorist, but oddly enough, all terrorist are Muslims.

Offline elmer

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
Re: The real conspiracy
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 06:51:43 AM »
My biggest gripe with the news media is that they have turned the whole thing into the editorial page. Instead of giving me the facts they deliberately try to draw conclusions in your mind. Some are just more obvious than others.

I also believe "anonymous source" really means "I made it up, but it's what I think happened".

The last poll I saw, as if you can believe polls, showed new media as falling below politicians on being trusted by the public. That was before the last New York Times scandal.

NRA life member
TSRA life member
Dallas Safari Club member
JPFO life member
GOA life member

http://public.fotki.com/ElmerF/
http://s215.photobucket.com/profile/CharlesL_album