Author Topic: Is Glock still the one to beat?  (Read 1984 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Is Glock still the one to beat?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2006, 10:46:24 PM »
Well now, seems the Glocksters have their back against the wall, attempting to defend an attack.
Disclaimer: I do not care for plastic guns so I would not care for a Glock. The arguement is not about--is Glock a good gun.
What we have is the statement about Glock being the standard the rest are judged by.
If Glock is the standard there were some very good weapons which came before and have stood the test of time and are still ticking.
I could/would argue for my Sigs, BF would say a bunch about HK's.
The standard is the absolute dependability of the weapon.
I think one could do a lot better than a Glock as a standard to be judged by.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Mike357mag

• Avid Poster
I will not own one period
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2006, 02:47:50 AM »
They ar e ugly but that does not matter.  I consider them as having no safety at all.  The little trigger safety is a joke, if anybody thinks it safe stick it in your waiste line and walk around for a day.  You have to a a holster to shield the trigger.  With out a longer trigger pull it should have a manual safety.  With its unsupported chambers the ocasionally go kaboom(not just reloads some LEO have had kabooms also).  Uncle sam is going back to 45ACP I bet glock will not be the one.

Offline kyote

• A Real Regular
Re: Is Glock still the one to beat?
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2006, 06:59:53 AM »
lot of interesting points guess I can throw some more into this thread.
I have never liked Glocks.did not look appealing nor did they feel good in the hands.I have owned several in various calibers.and never could warm up to them,and with out firing a shot through them.sold them.then a freind in LE had a 22 in .40sw and wanted to sell it to me.so I bought it.there is so much ammo around for them I thought, well I will give her a try.I have a CZ75,sig 229 and a custom STI high cap all in .40sw.all three are very accurate and I can shoot them well..
I took the glock to the range and started shooting her.just trying to get a decent group.a friend loaned me the sight adjustment tool.and back and forth I went with the rear sight.I guess learning the new trigger.I was given the lighter trigger to put in.which I did.and It did seem to help.I finally learned this new trigger on the glock and have not had to change the sight in many rounds now.
after many rounds down range.I am very confident in the glock.but in no way shape are manner is it as accurate as my other three .40s..but for defence or even offence it is more then suitibale.and I find it to be very reliable.and the more I use it the more it is growing on me as it has no gadgets on it..ie:decocker,(he he he)slide safty ect.it is a keepr and I am thinking of getting the 23 now.
and I have noticed that all the top law enforcement agencys or issued the glock..that has to mean something.as they can afford any thing they wanted.and are not on a small budget like most of the local le agencys.So it is not a monitary issue with them having glocks.
So, I am now very confident with my glock and find it going to the range with me more and more.as it is very easy to clean.and a pleasure to shoot..
my huntin rifle is safe from confiscation only while my battle rifle protects it.

Offline HAMMERHEAD

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Re: Is Glock still the one to beat?
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2006, 08:37:30 AM »
For me the Glock is a long term, easy to repair, non-rusting tool that I like.
But it 'aint no Sig!