Author Topic: Weaver Scopes  (Read 886 times)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
Weaver Scopes
« on: April 09, 2003, 02:41:40 PM »
I am considering either a Weaver K 2.5 fixed power x20 or the Weaver V3 which is 1-3x20. I will be mounting it on a 12ga slug gun.

Any thoughts on the reliability/durability of these scopes ?  Or any other recomendations ?

Thanks
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline kc5rkg

• Trade Count: (0)
Weaver
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 05:56:09 PM »
I just bought a Weaver Grand Slam scope.  It appears to be a  NICE scope, optics seem great.  Time will tell how it holds up.

I do not have any experience with the Weaver V series scopes, but my dad does have a old Weaver K4 on his .257roberts.   The scope is well over 30 years old, been on that gun the whole time, and has never had a single problem.  In fact this past season he took a nice buck and a hog at over 100 yards.  So I'm not sure about the varible, but I think the K series are good.

Scott

Offline Kragman71

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Weaver scopes
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 02:53:53 PM »
Cabin4,
My Weaver V scope has never been really tested,but I can assure you that the K scopes are as durable as any civilian scope.
I have two K 2.5's that were bought,new,around 1960.
One,which I got from a hunting buddy,has been reconned and fitted with a modern reticle.It is on my favorite rifle,a Springfield Krag.
The other,my origional Krag scope,is still sporting a post reticle and is on my Mossberg auto 12 gauge. This scope has a dent in the steel tube that would mark the death of most any scope.
About 12 years ago,I spent over 200 dollars for a Leupold vari X,and wound up spending 50 dollars on the old K 2.5,and putting it on.instead.
Both of these Weavers have had a real workout in the Catskills and the 'Daks.
Frank
Frank