Author Topic: Bushnell Elite 3200 + Encore + Warne Maxima Rings & Moun  (Read 763 times)

Offline Ranger413

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Bushnell Elite 3200 + Encore + Warne Maxima Rings & Moun
« on: April 04, 2003, 04:49:57 AM »
Well, I'll have to start off by thanking those folks in this forum who turned me onto the Bushnell Elite line of scopes.  I have very limited experience with them so far, as mine just showed up by UPS yesterday.  But, I am highly impressed!

First off, the finish on the scope matches perfectly with the Warne Maxima bases and QR rings that I have.  The power adjustment ring turns smoothly and without much effort.  It should be a dream to adjust in the field even with gloves.  I also love the windage and elevation turrets.  Not only are they adjustable by hand, without a coin or screwdriver, but there are other bonuses.  The caps don't bind or try to crossthread at all like cheaper scopes.  And, the turrets themselves are a kinda titanium gray color which makes the whole thing just look tough.  I know the tubes are made of titanium, maybe the turrets are as well.

The scope is intended for my 209X50 muzzleloader barrel.  I'm glad I chose the medium height rings from Warne.  The scope objective sits about 1/8" above the rear fiber optic sight.  And the eyepiece leaves me enough room for my thumb to get a full purchase on the hammer spur for easy cocking.  Plus, I don't have to really streatch my neck to get a centered view through the scope.  Right now the scope is sitting on my 24" .223 barrel.  Had to remove the rear sight on this barrel to get the scope mounted.  As soon as I can get rid of my 22 Mag I'm planning on getting a Elite 4200 4-16X40 for this barrel.  

I'll post a range report when I make it to the range in the next week or two with the scope and both barrels.  Thanks again to everyone who turned me onto the Elite series of scopes.  I know that even if something does go wrong with the scope the warranty has me covered.

Ranger413
Life is like a dogsled team, if you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes.

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell Elite 3200 + Encore + Warne Maxima
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 08:12:13 AM »
Not only did you make a great decision on the scope, but you also make an excellent decision on the scope mounts.

I have used Warne Maxima rings and bases on many of my rifles and I absolutely am thrilled with them.  They are kinda heavy (they are heavy duty steel), but weight is not a factor for me.

Zachary

Offline Ranger413

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
heavy but not too much so
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 09:23:28 AM »
Yeah, I have to agree with ya Zachary.  The Warne mounts are heavy, and I'm sure glad I didn't get the 26" .223 barrel.  I think my set up right now is as heavy as I want to go.  

I took a step back from my rifle today to admire it and decided it looked like a pretty tough rifle.  Strong single shot action, strong mounting system, and a great durable scope (from what I've heard).  It's just pretty.  If I could figure out how to post pics here I'd show it off a little.  Anyone want to show me how?  

I have a set of Warne standard rings (non-quick detach) that I'm going to use on the .223 barrel with the Elite 4200 4-16X40.  Don't plan on swapping that scope around.  Reason for the QD mounts on the muzzleloader barrel:  Take scope off during cleaning with soapy water and may want to swap this scope (Elite 3200 3-9X40) around on my wish list .308 Win. barrel.  Plus, never had QD rings before and wanted to try 'em.

Ranger413
Life is like a dogsled team, if you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes.