Author Topic: Fatal errors  (Read 644 times)

Offline jeeper1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Fatal errors
« on: June 30, 2006, 11:18:35 AM »
8 threads with replies, and I get a fatal error message for each. 4 people shown as on the forum and I get fatal error messages there too when I click on their name. What's wrong?
I may not be completely sane, but at least I don't think I have the power to influence the weather.

Offline jeeper1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Fatal errors
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 09:02:30 PM »
It's working again.
I may not be completely sane, but at least I don't think I have the power to influence the weather.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Fatal errors
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 10:08:38 PM »
Looks like things are back on line.  First I heard about it was an email from Santa Dave. Thanks Dave!!! Of course I am in a different time zone than you guys, 6 to 9 hours ahead of the US, so  I was just waking up as it was prime and disaster for you guys.

Those of you on the email network should have both CW (Tim) and my email address.  If you see something going on drop either and preferable both of use and email to give us a heads up.  If you want to be added to the email network just send me a PM with you email address and i will add you.

The Email network is the Blackpowder Mortar and Cannon Forum's off line  AA meeting when the board isn't available.

Things are fine now so lets get back to cannon and mortar talk!!!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Fatal errors
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 02:55:11 AM »
We were hacked again.  But because of the protection put in place after the last attack it was only minor.  The hacked code was cleaned up and eveything should be back to normal.

It's kind of like Microsoft.  They are the big guy out there so a lot of hackers are looking at Microsoft and when they find a vulnerability they share it other hackers. The software GBO uses is php2B.   phpBB2  is also a big guy in the forum software field and they get looked at in the same way.  

Unlike Microsoft Graybeard doesn't have a staff of thousand to constantly look for and repair the vulnerabilities, GB just has his son Matt, who has a real job to take care of.  So, we have to wait until Matt is available to get things fixed.

There are at least two alternatives I can think of, neither which I like.  A very expensive pay forum or no forum at all. I'll wait.

Thanks Matt for your hard work!!!