Author Topic: XD holster??  (Read 331 times)

Offline str8shooter48

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
XD holster??
« on: August 30, 2006, 10:41:48 AM »
I'm in the market for a ccw. I like all the good reports I hear regarding the XD,s. I'm interested in an XD40SC. What I'd like to know if the holster in the XD Gear kit is made adaptable for right or left handed shooters.

Thanks

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Re: XD holster??
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 01:44:02 AM »
I e-mailed that very same question to Springfield and they advised me that they do not offer a XD "Gear" holster for lefties.  I told them that I was sorry to hear that and hopefully they would offer one in the future.  There are plenty of left handed shooters to make such an offer viable.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline dcewolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: XD holster??
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 02:46:13 AM »
The holster that comes with the pistol is only for RH carry.  I personally don't like it for CC anyway, it feels like it sits off the body too much.  I carry a XD9 SC regularly and I use a Galco M7X Matrix holster that works really well.  I have to admit at first with the holster on it was really, really tight trying to unholster the XD.  With some work though -- gently flexing the holster open and putting some clear kiwi polish in the area of the trigger guard the draw is quite a bit easier.  The things I like about the holster is first the cost (approx $23), it holds the pistol in tight to the body, and even though I've got it to loosen up a bit it is still too tight for someone else to snag it from the holster without a fight.  (Draw pretty much has to be straight up too, but that keeps others from snaggin el pistola too)

The XD gear holster isn't terrible, but I would only use it for open carry.....  My $0.02.