Author Topic: Talking Stocks  (Read 405 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Talking Stocks
« on: July 22, 2006, 12:46:25 PM »
Well, turns out that I was right about a couple things. 
1  Walmart-Youth 20ga  stock is a pistol grip style cut to the same length as an adult stock that is getting a factory recoil pad and just has a Butt plate.
That makes it longer than a standard youth stock and shorter than a standard adult stock and because its Walmart it is a pistol grip style...not a squire style.
2  I have a set of stocks from a SC2-Y43...that's a youth combo from the factory and it came with a 22", 20ga and 243 barrels on a SB2 receiver.  That stock is shorter than a standard youth squire stock from a 20ga and has a very mild comb and a recoil pad.  I ordered that thru Walmart and it came out of SportsSouth, so I think it is not a special Walmart gun.
3  All of these stocks are longer than the standard squire stock that comes on the Versa Pak combo.
4  The butt plate on the Walmart youth pistol grip stock and the recoil pad from a standard factory adult stock are interchangable with each other so if you want a little shorter stock and a recoil pad is not a factor then switch it out for a butt plate and it will be a clean fit.

These are some of the things I learned when switching stocks and part around this morning.  Just thought they might be of use to someone else, too.

Cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Talking Stocks
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 01:15:23 PM »
On TV I've seen a talking horse, talking bears, talking dogs, cats and even talking cows. But I'll be danged if I've ever seen a talking stock.  ???

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!