Author Topic: Topper Deluxe  (Read 509 times)

Offline Single_shooter_ND

• Trade Count: (0)
Topper Deluxe
« on: July 28, 2006, 11:27:58 AM »

I picked up a Topper Deluxe 12 Gauge 3 1/2" with 28" Barrel from Sportsmans Warehouse in Fargo, ND.  I am currently on a trap league and decided to take the gun out to the trap range to play with it and see how it shoots.  I was very suprised that right off the bat I shot a 24/25.  I usually shoot a 21/25 but can never get over 21.  I am very excited about this new shotgun and somewhat dissapointed that I can shoot it better than I can my $1500 Over/Under.  It is now my new favorite shotgun I ordered up some Trulock extended choke tubes today.  I'm hoping next week to shoot a 25.

Does anyone else have a Topper Deluxe and what are your experiences with how it shoots?

When I took the factory recoil pad off the stock I noticed that there is a Deal Mule or some kind of recoil reducer built into the stock.  I added a Sims Limbsaver pad and this has produced a very mild recoil shotgun that kicks less than my sons 20 Gauge H&R.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: Topper Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 05:20:19 AM »
I had one but traded or sold the barrel. Can't remember. I took a few geese with it. The only reason I got rid of it was i replaced it with a TDC barrel with a 3 1/2" chamber. I can assure that 3 1/2" ammo will not kick less than your son's 20ga though.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun