Author Topic: Book list book out of Print  (Read 376 times)

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
Book list book out of Print
« on: July 28, 2006, 09:37:40 PM »
Regarding your books list, Artillery Through the Ages, by Albert Manucy, Published by Division of Publications, National Park Service, Dept. of the Interior, is now listed by the GPO as "Out of Print."  However, the National Parks Service has posted a version on the Internet at http://www.cr.nps.gov/history/online_books/source/is3/is3toc.htm.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Michael Az

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Book list book out of Print
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 04:54:14 AM »
Thanks for that link, it will give me some good reading. One thing that struck me as odd though reading the first page about incorporating a powder chamber the author states that many a good cannoner failed to get the charge seated to the proper depth and he would drop the charge in the barrel. Now I find it hard to believe they didn't figure out to mark the handle at the proper depth thus insuring the charge was "home". Maybe the problem was caused more from being in the "heat of battle" that caused this.
Michael

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: Book list book out of Print
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 03:57:16 AM »
If you decide you want your own copy go to www.abebooks.com.  I buy almost as many books from there as I do from Barnes and Noble.