Author Topic: Opinions On North American Arms Firearms  (Read 792 times)

Offline SingleFan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Opinions On North American Arms Firearms
« on: April 11, 2003, 02:24:46 AM »
Yesterday I had the opportunity to look closely at the NAA lineup of 380 and 32 semi autos as well as one of their derringers.

I was real impressed with what I saw in quality of materials and manufacture.  For example their stainless is 17-4 ph which is hard to machine, but very high quality material.

Do any of you have experience with their firearms?  Reliability, accuracy, satisfaction with the products is what I'm interested in.

What got me started on this was when I had my 625 in for an action job and my gunsmith and I were talking about the quality of firearms as shipped from the factory.  We were actually talking about the quality of FA's and he put the quality of these guns in a similar category...loves their derringers for carry while fishing.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.
When the heart is light the feet are swift.

Offline RON KONTOWSKY

• HTTP://WWW.DEANSGUNSHOP.COM
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 02:54:03 AM »
IN .32 and .380 acp, I do not think you will find a better built pistol in it`s size class(reminds me of the old .32acp SEECAMP`S), NOT TO MENTION THEY MAKE THE BEST DERRINGERS IN THE WORLD.

RON KONTOWSKY
ACTIONS BY R.A.K.
YOU`RE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST JOB!
MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE ONE GUN AT A TIME.
DEANS GUNSHOP 2
586-716-3460
www.deansgunshop.com

Offline msmith

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 04:04:31 PM »
I had a NAA Guardian in .32 NAA for a while. I would say the quality was top notch. The one I had was a demonstrator I had in stock but I have been seriously considering an NAA Guardian in .380 for a pocket gun, the .32 NAA was just a little TOO hot for such a little pistol.
Mike

Offline RollTide

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 06:35:33 PM »
I have a 22LR/22MAG convertible derringer and a 32 Guardian.  I love them both.  I carried the 22 mag for years in my front pocket (still do if I need something ultra concealable.)  The grips on the 22LR frame are VERY tiny.  The 22MAG frame is large enough to actually get a grip on.  CCI MAXI MAG +V will do over 1200fps in the little gun.  The 32 Guardian is now my everyday carry gun.  The 32 Guardian has never skipped a beat with anything I have fed it.  Both guns are amazingly accurate for pocket guns.  The designs are safe, solid, and shootable.  That is about all you can ask of a pocket gun.  I now have a pair of oversize rubber grips on the 22MAG.  This is a much better grip for shooting and still goes in my front pants pocket with no problem.