Author Topic: Burris Scope Issue  (Read 439 times)

Offline sidekick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Burris Scope Issue
« on: August 10, 2006, 03:39:48 PM »
I have an issue with a Burris handgun scope. It is a LER 1.5X-4X Silver which has a reoccuring 'problem' with internal debris appearing on the lens. I have sent this particular scope back to Burris three (3) times in the last year and a half to have the debris removed. After the second time of sending it back, it reappeared before I could even mount the scope back on my pistol, which is a Contender in 14" 7x30 Waters. I contacted Burris service department by phone, spoke with the service department manager (I was told), related the facts, and was instructed to send it back again, which I did, for the third time. I requested in my letter with the return that the scope be replaced, since this was the third time with the same problem. I received it back today(same scope), and the Service Order that accompanied the scope included the following statement:

"Foreign particles in scope are microscopic in size. Once loosened they are attracted to a lens surface by static cling due to the dry atmosphere in scope. Handgun recoil is very sharp and will at times break loose particulates. That is not a manufactures defect, only the nature of the beast. Cleaned scope.Thanks, JMCC"

With Leupold, Sightron, and Simmons scopes that I own, both pistol and rifle, this phenomenon has never occured. While the presence of the visible, internal debris has not affected the scope's 'function', I find it distracting, and unique to Burris. Any comments or sharing of similar experiences would be appreciated before I render final judgement on what I have been told by Burris and how they have treated this issue.

Offline Prebanpaul

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: Burris Scope Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 05:41:22 PM »
same thing happened to mine.  but i was told that it was alge that had grown in the scope, from not being sealed right.  Dont know. sent it back and it got fixed quick like.

paul
LUCK when preperation meets opportunity.